Advanced Search

Collapse
73 results in 0.0020 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

  • gromit
    started a topic Statements + XPA-2 = not enough power?

    Statements + XPA-2 = not enough power?

    I built a pair of the Statements about two years ago. I was powering them with a Yamaha receiver and last year upgraded to an Emotiva Fusion 8100. I knew I wasn't giving them enough power but would upgrade in the future.
    A few weeks back, I hooked up some spare speakers to complete 5.1 and watched...
    See more | Go to post

  • Another Statements HT (Monitors, Statements II, Statements II Center)

    After many years of browsing many different forums where Curt and Jim frequent, reading almost every "Statements" thread I could get my hands on, and many emails/discussions with Jim and Curt, I've finally taken the plunge into building my HT based around the Statements series. These are truly...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 30 April 2023, 15:33 Sunday. Reason: Update image size

  • Ideal Position and Setup for Statements in My New Room

    Back in 2009 I built a pair of full-size Statement speakers:
    https://www.htguide.com/forum/showth...052#post415052

    Ever since the build they have been used in a pathetically ill-equipped room in our house. I now have the chance...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 16:49 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide url

  • Efficiency/Sensitivity of Holtz Statement Speakers?

    Back in 2009 I built a pair of full-size Statement speakers:
    http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...052#post415052

    A couple years ago, I built a set of the Statement Monitors for a friend.

    Recently, he and I bought...
    See more | Go to post

  • Absolute Noob at wood working and am building Jim's Statement IIs

    Ok, I've been a long time browser of htguide, just never registered. You guys are an absolute treasure trove of knowledge! I've recently taken the plunge into diy and to start out, as a first ever project, built Jim's TriTrix speakers with the parts express kit. Kit being CNC'd, all the cuts were...
    See more | Go to post

  • jwanck11
    started a topic Statements II HT Build

    Statements II HT Build

    And already my first noob question...

    Is there a reason these are not bi-amp'd?

    My system will be> Statements II mains and center with Monitors for the surrounds. Ultimately this will be a 9.1 system.
    See more | Go to post

  • bostonmurf
    started a topic Statement project begins

    Statement project begins

    I decided to take the plunge into the DIY speaker arena and after careful selection and reading many online forum reviews/builds and a few emails with Jim and Curt (thanks guys!) I chose to dive in head first and build the Statements.
    My overall plan is to create a 5.1 system to replace my current...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 30 April 2023, 16:09 Sunday. Reason: Update image location

  • Full Statements build - couple questions and some pics

    Hello! I'm wrapping up my statements build that my buddy has been guiding/holding my hand through (this is my second wood working project). I have a couple of questions for those of you who have done this already.

    1. We only have a 1/2" roundover bit for the sides of the front baffle...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 20:45 Tuesday. Reason: Remove imgur link

  • gromit
    started a topic Full Statements Build Thread

    Full Statements Build Thread

    I've been taking my time constructing the boxes and have finally ordered the driver kit from Meniscus Audio (Thank you IRS). I will post pics of my progress so far and my progress going forward. My concerns now are to make sure I have a powerful enough amp and the room properly setup and treated. Currently...
    See more | Go to post

  • poppapig
    started a topic Statements Build - Bamboo Flooring Skin

    Statements Build - Bamboo Flooring Skin

    Hey all,
    In the past month or so I have embarked on a full-size Statements build. I am nearly finished with the mains and will move on to the Center Channel.

    Here's the build of the Mains (one more to skin):

    Images not available

    Regarding the Center Channel....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 25 July 2023, 09:22 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

  • kevinm
    started a topic Statements and CC build for my winter project

    Statements and CC build for my winter project

    Hey guys,

    I changed my plans around and got WAF (well, girlfriend in my case) to start working on a set of Statements for LR and the Statements CC . I'm starting to pool my resources and plan where I am going to purchase everything.

    When I was looking at resistors and...
    See more | Go to post

  • tommarra
    started a topic Speaker cabinet builders in Atlanta, GA

    Speaker cabinet builders in Atlanta, GA

    Does anyone know of speaker cabinet builders (or speaker enthusiasts ) in the Atlanta, GA area?

    I am looking for help in building the Statements speakers, however have lost access to the workshop I used to build the cabinets.

    If anyone know of a good reference please do...
    See more | Go to post

  • New member hello, and 2 silly Statement build questions.

    Hello, long time lurker, first post.

    I've been browsing DIY sites for a long time, then came across the Statements (search over)
    I have also been reading and searching my eyes out on them.

    This will be my first DIY build, I even taught myself the electronics basics, and...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 16:53 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

  • Build Thread - ..Slightly Modded MONITOR STATEMENTS & CC

    Wanted to build the Monitors ,but did'nt want just a rectangular box, so I changed the shape slightly by slanting the back .

    Int Vol is identical ,..Width is the same ,..Spacing between drivers is the same,..Tunnel center is the same length,..the only difference is now the box is at 20"...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 10:16 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

  • Matt ITD
    started a topic Statements in Australia

    Statements in Australia

    Well I have finally finished my first big speaker project, Jim and Curts Statements (having Paul's OS under my belt).

    They were a labour of love. Thank you gents for your contribution to the DIY community and to all those who collaborated with you. A big help was all of the build threads...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by theSven; 02 May 2023, 09:02 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location
Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"