X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Rotel RC1570 vs. RC1590

Since the launch of both units there has not been much reviews on them. I would love to see a review comparing the two. I have looked at the specs and one can obviously see that the RC1590 is specced more than the 1570. More inputs, subwoofer out, newer DACs. How does that translate into performance vs. the 1570. I will appreciate to hear from anyone with experience of the 2
  • mucke
    • Jul 2005

Me too, coz i have the rc 1570 whith my rb 1590 and want to get the rc 1590.
    Still waiting on some reviews

Comment

• TimbaLand
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mucke
      Me too, coz i have the rc 1570 whith my rb 1590 and want to get the rc 1590.
      Still waiting on some reviews
      On paper the RC1590 is better but I wonder what the story is like in real life. I'm tempted to go 1590 but I wanna see if it's worth it

Comment

• mucke
        • Jul 2005

I have the same thought.
        I am really happy whith the sound i have now but it could allways get better
        I like the wolfson dac and i wonder if i should keep the rc 1570 and get the rdd 1580 dac instead.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

Hello,

I've compared the two units extensively (the RC-1590 has a bit more gain, so you need to adjust the volume accordingly,) and regularly demonstrate the two during trainings with salespeople in North America. Put simply, the RC-1590 is quieter and more resolved. What this translates into sonically is a drastic improvement in low-level details (flipping of sheet music in Classical music, creaking of a piano bench etc.) There is a more three-dimensional presentation of music with better focus- music sounds more like you are transported into a performance. No contest. RC-1590 by a landslide.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
          B&W Group North America.

Comment

• TimbaLand
            • Aug 2013

Thanks Patrick for your response.
            Is there a way to hook up a DB1 to the RC1570?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
              • Jan 2014

Hi TimbaLand,

I use the second set of RCA pre-outputs and run them to the DB1. Works great.

Best,

Patrick
              B&W Group North America

Originally posted by TimbaLand
              Thanks Patrick for your response.
              Is there a way to hook up a DB1 to the RC1570?

Comment

• TimbaLand
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
                Hi TimbaLand,

I use the second set of RCA pre-outputs and run them to the DB1. Works great.

Best,

Patrick
                B&W Group North America
                In my case I would like to share the DB1 between my stereo setup and HT. So I can use RCA outputs from RC1570 to stereo in db1 and balanced from sub out from processor to db1? I'm sure that's doable using the trigger 2 to switch between the two. I have 804 diamonds as my fronts so must I choose them on the DB1 setup for proper integration or must I set up the cut of frequency manually?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                  • Jan 2014

Hi TimbaLand,

The DB1's input board is not designed to have both RCA and balanced inputs simultaneously. You'll have to manually disengage one or the other when you switch between systems. Perhaps you can find some sort of XLR and RCA that would do this for you.

Regarding crossover point with your 804 Diamonds, you can use the the build-in crossover point on the DB-1 when using the system for stereo. Depending on actual performance of 804 Diamond in your room, you may end up raising or lowering the crossover point. In a theater configuration, I would run the 804 Diamonds full range, or engage bass management in your home theater processor, and bypass the crossover in your DB1.

Regards,

Patrick
                  B&W Group North America

Originally posted by TimbaLand
                  In my case I would like to share the DB1 between my stereo setup and HT. So I can use RCA outputs from RC1570 to stereo in db1 and balanced from sub out from processor to db1? I'm sure that's doable using the trigger 2 to switch between the two. I have 804 diamonds as my fronts so must I choose them on the DB1 setup for proper integration or must I set up the cut of frequency manually?

Comment

• TimbaLand
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
                    Hi TimbaLand,

The DB1's input board is not designed to have both RCA and balanced inputs simultaneously. You'll have to manually disengage one or the other when you switch between systems.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your response. I just wanna get his clear so that nothing gets toasted. In my case I am using a processor for HT with RC1570 connected in HT bypass mode. So must I run RCA mono from processor to DB1 and RCA stereo from RC1570 to DB1? To switch the DB1 between the 2 must I run 12v trigger from HT processor to DB1? Logically I think that's how it should be because if I 12v trigger from the rc1570 I will always have DB1 in stereo mode receiving bass from RC1570 and never receiving any bass from HT processor.

I will appreciate your response.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"