X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capall
    • Mar 2014

RA1570 Integ. DAC/Amp vs RC1570 preamp/RB1552 mkII combo

Hi,
    I'm considering the RA1570 Integrated DAC/Amp for a 2 channel setup, and possibly to combine it with a AVR for a 5.1 setup in the future. 2ch though is my main priority. My budget is under $2k and have a pair of B&W 683 speakers

However, does anyone have any feedback on how the RA1570 Integrated DAC/Amp would compare to the RC1570 preamp/RB1552 mkII combo. The RC1570/RB1552 look like they have the same specs as the RA1570. I realise the RC1570/RB1552 combo would need a DAC, but it would be great to know if there is much of a sound difference if for example using a DAC similar in quality to the RA1570 Integrated DAC/AMP (I'm guessing its DAC is in the $500-700 range).

I believe the prices are as follows
    RA1570 $1600

RC1570 preamp $999
    RB1552 mkII 2ch Amp $999

Thanks
    capall
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

Hello over here too...

Just so you know, the RC1570 has a built in DAC too.

Comment

• capall
      • Mar 2014

yes, you're right Audio_elf. I missed that.
      So then that makes them all the same or it appears, the only difference is that the RC1570 and the RB1552 mkII exist in separate boxes wrt to the RA1570

Comment

• capall
        • Mar 2014

Audio_elf / eloise,
        just re-read your above post, and the penny just dropped with your comment.. "Hello over here too..." LOL...just figure it out !

Comment

• ?Anti
          • Apr 2014

I have no experience with the rotel pre/pro combo. However, I do own the ra1570 along with the b&w 683s and I am very pleased with the sound.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"