X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jesswin29
    • Sep 2015

Rotel RC1590 Need BluRay Player Help

New here and thank you for your help.

I bought an RC-1590 and an RB1582 MKII to power two B&W CM10 S2 speakers. I'll be using this setup for records, digital music and movies.

I need help finding a Blu-Ray player to match my components. What options do I have to get awesome audio out of the player and into the 1590?

Would a Pioneer Elite BDP-85FD be a good option?
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi,

My understanding is that the RC-1590 has an in-built 32bit 768KHz Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC). Given Rotel's reputation for audio excellence this DAC should provide you with a very nice sound. If this is correct (I haven't heard it) it means you should be able to use a budget Blu-ray player and connect either the coaxial or optical output of that player into the coaxial or optical input of your RC-1590 and get good results. In the unlikely event that this combination doesn't sound good then you might consider buying something like an OPPO BDP-105D Blu-ray player and connecting the analogue stereo output of that player into your RC-1590 using either the RCA connectors or the XLR balanced connectors (XLR is preferred). The audio section of the BDP-105D is very good (I have heard it).

So, in summary, you would be choosing between the audio section of your RC-1590 or your Blu-ray player. Only you can decide which sounds better. However, if I had recently bought an RC-1590 I'd be trying that option first before buying an expensive Blu-ray player.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"