X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZorgSpiff
    • Oct 2014

RC-1590/RB-1590 sound?

Has anybody had a chance to demo the new RC-1590/RB-1590, and compare them with, e.g., RC-1570/1580 or RB-1582/1090?
  • Audio Junky
    • Jul 2015

Currently running a RC-1580 and RB-1582mk2 combo. Just purchased a RB-1590. Have not hooked it up yet but will have in operation in a day or two. I expect a few days of break in before critical listening.
    I did listen to the RC-1590 & RB-1590 in the store and it sounded really good on B&W 802s. I don't expect a lot of people have this combo yet as it is so new. That said I don't expect a big difference between the RB-1582mk2 and the RB-1590. I hope the difference will be in the preamp performance when i get to that testing in the next week.

One thing is for sure. You really feel like you get your money worth just picking up the RB-1590.

Comment

• TimbaLand
      • Aug 2013

The RC1590 has been launched in South Africa. It would be nice to read some review on this unit

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
        • Oct 2014

A review in Dutch, use Google translate

"Rotel RC -1590 and RB -1590 is a very successful combination that remain completely faithful to the Rotel philosophy of affordable excellence."

Aparte pre- en powerversterkercombinaties zijn niet altijd populair wegens de ruimte die ze innemen. Rotel’s nieuwe 1590-toestellen tonen echter aan dat discrete versterkers aardig wat voordelen hebben.

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
          • Oct 2014

The Swedish magazine "Hifi & Musik" has a 2 page review in the latest issue. They are *very* positive and conclude that, if you want power, control, and quality, rc-1590/rb-1590 is the perfect combination at this price level.

Comment

• mucke
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ZorgSpiff
            The Swedish magazine "Hifi & Musik" has a 2 page review in the latest issue. They are *very* positive and conclude that, if you want power, control, and quality, rc-1590/rb-1590 is the perfect combination at this price level.

However cube measurement was really bad. My rotel ra 1570 is far better.
            Maybe it is something wrong whith that amp.
            I am so happy that i have read this before i got this amp.
            Now i dont know what to do.
            Maybe a rb 1582 mk2 whith the new rc 1590 preamp would be a better choise ?

Comment

• Mikael
              • Aug 2007

Hi Mucke
              do you have a link to the test?

Comment

• mucke
                • Jul 2005

Tar det på svenska i stället. ser att du kommer från Danmark :-)
                Jag läste det i tidningen hifi och musik.

Jag citerar : Rent mättekniskt blev rb 1590 lite av en besvikelse,utan det nästan perfekt kubiska utseendet rotel brukat skämma bort oss med.
                Förstärkaren lämmnar ändå massor av effekt i 8 och 4 ohm,över 500 watt i den förra och nära 1000 watt i den senare lasten.
                Förstärkaren är rakt igenom också helt immun mot fasskiftningar,men lämnar alltså betydligt mindre effekt i framför allt 1 ohm men också 2 ohm.
                Även strömmätningen är väldigt mycket lägre än brukligt med 25/22 ampere.

Som jämförelse så lämnar min ra 1570 120 ampere.

Blev väldigt besviken när jag läste detta. Har väntat länge på detta slutsteg.

Sorry guys for the swedish but use google translate :-)

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

Hi I think there is a type O in the test of the RA-1570. My old RB-1080 did 45 amps total, so 25 amps pr channel with the new EU power restrictions is not bad

Comment

• mucke
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mikael
                    Hi I think there is a type O in the test of the RA-1570. My old RB-1080 did 45 amps total, so 25 amps pr channel with the new EU power restrictions is not bad
                    What the f..k.
                    Just order one rb 1590 in silver :-)

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Aug 2007

grattis.
                      please let me know how it sounds.

Comment

• mucke
                        • Jul 2005

grattis.
                        please let me know how it sounds.
                        Sure do :-)

Comment

• Audio Junky
                          • Jul 2015

Not sure I understand all of the comments above ????? - Did not try to translate. I have been running the RB-1590 with b&W CM10 s2 for a couple of weeks in place of my already great 1582 MK2. The 1590 is very good. Every bit of the 1582 with a good bit more when the volume is up. At low volume no perceived difference. Suprisingly The 1590 runs very cool compared to the 1582. Also does not seem to have the same in rush current on power up. The 1582 would actually cause my UPS to beep for a second.

I am using a RC-1580 with the new amp and really like the sound. Will be getting a RC1590 over the weekend to demo and compare. My hope is the DAC in the RC1590 will outperform the OPPO 105D and RC-1580 combination.

I did try Streaming directly from the OPPO to the RB-1590. Could not really tell any difference bypassing the preamp. I did not like the lack of control so I put the RC-1580 back in the loop.
                          Will try to give some feed back on the results when I have tested the RC1590 over the weekend.

I was also considering the Devialet 200 in place of the RC/RB 1590 Combo but I think I will continue down the Rotel Path at this point.

Comment

• Audio Junky
                            • Jul 2015

By the way. The Black one sounds better than Silver.

Comment

• madmac
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Audio Junky
                              By the way. The Black one sounds better than Silver.
                              Oh god no!! The Silver one's shine and sparkle audio wise and the black one's produce a dark, more subdued sound. Sorry!
                              Dan Madden :T

Comment

• mucke
                                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by madmac
                                Oh god no!! The Silver one's shine and sparkle audio wise and the black one's produce a dark, more subdued sound. Sorry!
                                :-) :-) :-)

Comment

• mucke
                                  • Jul 2005

I finaly got my amp yesterday :-)
                                  What can i say.
                                  super clean, super controll and so power full.
                                  Realy worth the money. this one stays :-)

Comment

• Mikael
                                    • Aug 2007

Nice to hear.
                                    Going to have a listen to the RC-1590/RB-1590 COMBO this monday .

Comment

• mucke
                                      • Jul 2005

Nice to hear.
                                      Going to have a listen to the RC-1590/RB-1590 COMBO this monday .
                                      Have upload a clip on you tube.

a little dark and not so good sound.

A better clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYjWr4qxD4Q

Last edited by mucke; 07 September 2015, 13:53 Monday.

Comment

• Mikael
                                        • Aug 2007

I had a listen to the Rotel combo RC/RB-1590 and the RCD-1570 with Elac FS-507. In one word it sounds amazing. Its the best Rotel power amp I have ever listen to.it is very dynamic it has the warmth and speed in the bass.an open and pleasent mid and an airy treble with no hint of listening fattique.

Comment

• madmac
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Aug 2010

I had a listen to the Rotel combo RC/RB-1590 and the RCD-1570 with Elac FS-507. In one word it sounds amazing. Its the best Rotel power amp I have ever listen to.it is very dynamic it has the warmth and speed in the bass.an open and pleasent mid and an airy treble with no hint of listening fattique.
                                          Yep !! That pretty much sums up the Rotel sound !
                                          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Mikael
                                            • Aug 2007

Yeah but there is still a different in sound from one model to another

Comment

• Foulon
                                              • Aug 2015

Is the RC-1590 better as the RC-1580. Did someone compare these two pre amp's
                                              I am also very interested in the RC-1590/RB-1582 mk2 combo.

Comment

• TimbaLand
                                                • Aug 2013

Not much is being said about the RC1590. It would be nice to hear about a proper review where this is compared to maybe the 1570 and the 1580 or other rotels

Comment

• Audio Junky
                                                  • Jul 2015

Been listening to the RB-1590 and RC-1580 for a month. Using an OPPO 105 Dac steaming Tidal.
                                                  Really like the sound. I was suppose to get a loner Rc-1590 but that didnt pan out as the loner went back to Rotel and I have not asked for another. Very happy with the 1580/1590 combo. Very dynamic combo that can be listened to for hours and still maintain a wow factor.

The amp is outstanding. Very little heat generated while in operation (Even at moderate volume). I think this one will become another signiture amp for Rotel.
                                                  I am thinking the only improvement will be to add a Chord DAC as I suspect that it with the RC-1580 will prove better than the RC-1590

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"