X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rael
    • Oct 2005

RSP 1068 Standby Light Is Out

I had been noticing over the past few months that the fluorescent blue standby light on my 1068 would occasionally flicker but now it is completely out. Everything else seems to still work fine. Is this going to be a problem down the road or am I OK if I just live with it as is? I'd rather not send it back for repairs as I already did a few years ago for other issues, but now my unit is well out of warranty. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

I've seen this before as the light can fail after 5+ yerars of being on... Unless it worries you - just leave it - as the repair will mostly likely be $100+

Cheers

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Ignore it.........
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Assuming it's an LED, they rarely fail outright unless they aren't driven properly. I would either ignore it, or if you're handy with electronics/soldering, pop 'er open and check for bad solder joints near the LED. Replacing it most likely requires unsoldering/soldering.

Comment

• Rael
          • Oct 2005

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll just ignore the lack of blue light.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

I believe the LED is on it's own board along with the power button (if I'm thinking correctly)... it's like $35 - $40 to replace it.

Just takes a bunch of screws to get the front panel off and a few (3 or 4) wires to disconnect.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"