X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charles Soper
    • Jun 2004

RSP-1066 Firmware / Power problem!

Hey All,

New to the forum and glad to find what looks like a very knowledgable community to bounce questions off of.

I have a brand new out of the box 1066 that had rev. 1.1.5-something and found that there was rev. 1.1.7. So I followed all of the instructions on Rotel's website to do the upgrade and everything up to the completion of the software checksum was great. I got the same hex code for the checksum and figured it was all good.

So I disconnected the cable, powered down the 1066, flipped the software dipswitches back to OFF and then tried to power back on. I got the front panel to completely light up and then NOTHING! ARGH!

So now the only way I get any response out of the unit is to unplug and switch off the 1066 for a few minutes (4 - 6) and then plug back in and switch on. No blue standby light, no indication of power at all except the 2 second display check.

WHAT DID I DO? Is this my fault? Anybody have the same or similar issue?

Thank you in advance for your help...

Charles Soper
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

Hi Charles,
    I'm very interested to hear how you go with fixing your 1066 re firmware upgrade. I have a new 1066 it has firmware version 2.4, it needs to be upgraded to the 2.6 version. I haven't got the confidence to do it myself after reading post like yours, my computer skills are quiet basic. The only thing that the newer firmware fixes that interests me, is the clicking noise when changing channels on my digital STB and also changing chapters on DVD. I thought if you mucked the firmware transfer up that the 1066 would revert back to the factory default settings somehow. Hope things go OK and you get yours sorted as for me I think I'll put up with the Clicking noise.
    I know that Windows XP is hopless and that Windows 2000 is better and if it fails just try the download again until you are sucessful.

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

Try and flip the dipswitches again so that you can perform a new software upgrade. It should be possible..

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Charles,

Welcome to the forum.

No, it's not necessarily your fault, it happens sometimes.

First, and foremost is the cable DIY or from Rotel?

Secondly, you must ensure that all of your software settings are exact and to the letter.

You may wish to upgrade to the 6.3 Hyperterminal version, and reconfigure your settings, before retrying the upgrade.

Just my quick thoughts.

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Charles Soper
          • Jun 2004

Not so sure it's something I did now...

Well, I wouldn't be afraid to upgrade your firmware, as long as you follow the instructions everything should work flawlessly. To validate my point, this morning I was with a friend who has a 1066 and we upgraded his from 1.2 to 1.5 with no problems....<scratches head>

On my 1068 I used the same computer and the 6.3 version of the recommended terminal software. I can't even get the unit to respond if I try to do the upgrade again.

This leads me to believe that it's a power supply issue that simply had a well-timed failure. I hope. Off to call Rotel on Monday morning I guess.

Thanks for you suggestions.

Charles

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"