X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

unfortunate chain of events

From one recently very unhappy Rotel owner...

2-3 months ago I reported that after hooking up the RDV1060 with my RSX1055 with a trigger cable, my RSX1055 started acting funny: basically it becomes unusable after it's turned off and then back on. The Rotel technician has no clue what it is and told me to reset the receiver to factory settings. :wtf: Or if I decide to send it in it will cost me $150 for them to just look at it. :throwup:

3 weeks ago the RDV1060 started making quite a lot of noise when playing DVDs. Not necessarily when I start the DVD, but after watching more than 50% of the movie. The screen even freezes for a fraction of a second and then proceeds as if normal, but with the noise. And yes, the DVDs are clean. :bash:

Last week my Optoma pj said goodbye forever. :sh:

And yesterday I found that the scart of my RDV1060 doesn't work properly after hooking it up to a standard Sony TV. I can hear all the background sound, but no voice. And yes, I tried different cables and different DVDs to no avail and the TV's scart works fine with my Xbox.

I still believe that connecting both units with the trigger cable started that mess. :demon:
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

I am not sure what is going on with most of this but the slight freeze half way through the movie is the layer change of the disc and depending on how the disc was formatted it can be longer with some movies than others. This is quite normal though.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Still if the noise only starts after a layer change then something is wrong. Is the 1060 not under warranty still?

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

the 1060 is still under warranty...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"