X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcel54
    • Jan 2004

Need help on problem with RDV1060 and RSP1098

I have my configuration since October last year and from the start I have a problem with my RDV1060 and RSP1098 that if correct all users of the SCART connection should have. If the RDV1060 is connected to my TV through the SCART connection and the DVD-player is set on SCART then the TFT on the 1098 only gives black and white (and no colours). I talked about this problem with the distributor in The Netherlands but I don't get through to these people. They say it's a software problem but they don't know if or when it will be addressed. I think it's a bloody shame ( and I'm starting to get very angry) that I still can't use my configuration the way it's supposed to.

Can anyone of the guys with the connections at Rotel help me (and I think many others).

Thanks,

Marcel
  • Olaf
    • Nov 2003

Marcel,

Can you please elaborate on the type of connection between your RDV-1060 and RSP-1098. As the RSP-1098 has no SCART input you must be using something else to get the DVD output on the TFT right?

Regards,
    Olaf

Comment

• Marcel54
      • Jan 2004

You are right. I forgot to mention that I connected the 1060 to the 1098 through the composite connection (as required). So I connected everything according to the book. My dealer and distributor looked at the problem and they both agree that it is a software problem but I don't have the feeling that Rotel is working (hard) on the issue.

There is another strange thing and that is that if I put the DVD in component mode I have colour on my TFT but then my TV screen turns green when I play a DVD (and use the pauseknob).

So I don't need a technical advice because that is clear. I need some entrance to Rotel to get an idea about the willingness to solve this problem. This because the Dutch distributor does't act very cooperative.

Comment

• Olaf
        • Nov 2003

Dear Marcel,

Just for your information I have exactly the same setup and connection types. I have used software versions 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 with both the SCART and components connections and have not encountered either problem described by you.

Due to the problems with 2.1.1 I have played around with the software quite a bit as you can see.

While it is not my place to judge your conclusions or those of your dealer it sounds to me like your DVD player might have a problem.

Maybe Andrew might be able to refer your case.

Regards,
        Olaf

Comment

• Lexa
          • Nov 2003

Tv is getting green

I have the same issue as Marcel and aslo the same connection. TFT is working fine. But if I push pause or stop during playback and then again play, TV picture is getting green. Then I must switch RDV1060 off and play again to have the right picture. Any idea how to solve it?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"