X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kylek100
    • Jun 2005

sub crossover problems

I have a Denon 3805, B&W 805S's and a Velodyne DD-12. I was just testing the frequency response using a tone generator in my computer, and I was starting to notice that my main speakers are attempting to play frequencies far below the crossover point. In other words, when I was playing 15 hz, the drivers of my B&W's were moving at a furious 15 hz trying to keep up with my sub. Shouldn't the crossover make it so all the stuff below 80hz goes to the sub and so on? I know there's a little bleed over to make the transition smooth but I wouldn't think stuff that low would fall inside of that. Anyone have suggestions?

By the way, the sub is just hooked up to the sub preout on the receiver and the front speakers are hooked up normally.
    Denon 3805
    B&W 805S
    B&W 601 S3
    B&W HTM7
    Velodyne Digital Drive 12
    AudioQuest Clear 2 Hyperlitz
    AudioQuest Emerald Hyperlitz interconnects
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Are your main speakers set to 'small' and your sub/lfe set to 'sub' only?

Paul

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Paul H
      Are your main speakers set to 'small' and your sub/lfe set to 'sub' only?

Paul
      Yup sounds like one of these settings must be off
      Jason

Comment

• Rolyasm
        • Dec 2004

Does everyone set their mains to "small"? How big would your speaker have to be before you set it to "large"?. If Kylek100 had is speaker setting on "large", how would that affect the sound. Also, what other option would he have on the sub setting besides setting it to "sub".
        Roly

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"