X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevek
    • Oct 2011

sub integration room eq

hello again guys,another question.as ive said before i have cm9,cmc2 and temporarily using a def.tech.super cube 2 in my room.my room suxs being that it is 25x14 but is open to about 1800 sgft with only 1 continuous wall,"right side" with an open kitchen behind and to the left the wall comes out 8ft before opening left another 12ft then about 50ft back to front entrance.lol im trying to dial in my system using audyse on a denon 3312" currently out for repair"its sets them at full range and crossover at 40hz.any suggestion for improving sub integration.its not to bad wiyh 2channel but lacking in ht.i know i need a better sub and im working on saving up for sub and a 5 channel amp.i also have a def.tech pro sub 80 hooked up to add all i can.thanks steve
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

"its sets them at full range and crossover at 40hz" That implies double-bass. I suggest you change the setting to SMALL and let the crossover do its thing.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• stevek
      • Oct 2011

will that effect the performance of the cm9 not using them full range.i have them biamped does that change your suggestion any.also what would you suggest for a crossover setting.i have it temporarily hooked up to a onkyo tx sr605 and it set it up at full with a crossover of 80 and yes double bass.the denon did not mention double bass but im sure you are correct.thanks for your help kal

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

Well, double-bass means that the main speakers are full-range but the sub (or subs) is getting the LF information below crossover as well. This is not good acoustically but some like the boom. Biamping is irrelevant.

For crossover, I would let Audyssey decide (40Hz and turn off double bass) since it depends not only on the speaker but on its acoustic environment. A picture or room diagram might help.

OTOH, what is the problem leading to your dissatisfaction?
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• stevek
          • Oct 2011

hal,im really trying to learn the best way to set everything up,im fairly new to all this.2 channel sounds pretty good but home theater is lacking a little effect.could be the room and the small subs.im not able to upload a layout.not that savy with the computer.i will play around with your suggestions and let my ears do the rest,i value your opinion and thank you for taking the time to help out.i went on your link and read the article about the aud.set up with the entegra,very helpful.thanks again steve

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"