Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbzx35
    • Jun 2013

My Carmody Speedsters 2.1 build

EDIT: Misread rules and would like mod approval first prior to posting thread. MODs please hide or delete this post unless you're ok with approving it. Sorry about that but don't want to be a line stepper.

Hi everyone,
    Thought I'd share my latest build with a bedroom 2.1 setup of the Carmody Speedsters/Scanspeak sub I made. The Scan woofer is a NOS 25w/5565A I came across and built a sealed 2 cu ft sub enclosure. Unfortunately I didn't do a great job documenting the build with pictures but i think it's pretty self explanatory by the completed pics that nothing extraordinary was done to create them. Inspiration for the color and design came from the amphion Ion and their very high WAF. All I can say is that the bookshelves do sound pretty darn good and have a much larger presence than their physical presentation. The sub also seems to blend effortlessly although probably not the best choice for HT usage in a medium sized room.

Tweeters
    fountek neocd1.0
    Midbass
    Tang Band w4-1720
    Sub
    Scanspeak 25w/5565A discontinued
    PE 240w plate amp

Click image for larger versionName:	fountek face.jpgViews:	1Size:	79.4 KBID:	871256

Click image for larger version  Name:	sub.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	871255

Click image for larger version  Name:	speedster angle.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	871254

Click image for larger version  Name:	speedster face.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.3 KB ID:	871253
    Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 21:37 Monday. Reason: Update image size
  • Ed H
    • Apr 2011

Very nice. I can't imagine my wife approving a sub in the bedroom. That is cool!

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Agreed!

A V nice project.
      Clean, modern looking.
      I can see potential for a high WAF score.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• kbzx35
        • Jun 2013

Thank you both! Yeah the sub barely made the approval from the wife but glad it did

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"