X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 123Toid
    • Mar 2017

Paul Carmody Sprite Build - Carbon Fiber and Blue LED's

Paul Carmody Sprite Build - Carbon Fiber and Blue LED's
    I'm in the process of building some Sprite speakers that were designed by Paul Carmody. I am planning to make them full Carbon Fiber, plexiglass and some blue LED's. So far, I am really pleased with the progress. The goal is for these to be built into a racing simulator I am building. I plan to continue to update this with pictures as I go along and I will have a full video build log as well as a video review on my YouTube channel when I finish. Here are a few photos of the first one which is almost complete.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170318_003423.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	933630

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170318_003447.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	933631

So far I am really happy with them. And the one I just finished, sounds great!

Love speakers? Technology? How about the good old fashioned DIY work? In this channel we cover how to make some awesome DIY speakers and technology that'll make your friends jealous. So if you want to learn the basics about electronics and speakers or just want to learn how to make some really cool projects, subscribe!
    Last edited by theSven; 30 April 2023, 15:29 Sunday. Reason: Update image location
    Check out my YouTube Channel on DIY Speakers
    Instagram
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Cool. I use carbon fiber professionally for structural concrete repairs. I've often contemplated using it for speakers. Can you provide some material sources and overall costs for the carbon fiber on your project.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• 123Toid
      • Mar 2017

I should have been a little more specific. This is actually just a carbon fiber vinyl wrap. I picked up the vinyl wrap of Amazon. It's Vivvid XP Pro. I ended up buying the trunk kit (5ft by 5ft) as I plan to use more of it on my racing arcade. Although, I often just get my vinyl wrap directly from aliexpress. It is quite a bit cheaper (but I was in a rush to get this done).
      Instagram

Comment

• 123Toid
        • Mar 2017

I finally finished them! Well in all honesty, I finished them about a week ago, but my editing software didn't want to comply. I went ahead and made a video so you can see exactly how I made it. Please ask if you have any questions, either here or youtube. hopefully this will be helpful to you guys.

By the way, I love the speakers! They are amazing!!!

Instagram

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"