Sub No. 2 working on off in the Sub set up of my processor WHY??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Sub No. 2 working on off in the Sub set up of my processor WHY??

Hi Everyone,
    I was playing a new DVD and found that in DTS it was Only playing my first sub I have, and was only allowing vocals and not that low frequency on my second Sub ??My Rotel 1060 plays all of my DTS DVDs and CDs correctly with both subs parallel in tone so I presumed the recording was bad, as I exchanged it with the same DVD, and still had the same effect .While I was trying all these tests I tried to fiddle with my processor a Rotel 1098 and put the sub set up in OFF,YES,or MAX: :roll:
    I have all 800 series B&W with both subs being the ASW 850 and they are connected to my processor a Rotel 1098 and the first sub is connected in Sub 1 of the processor and Sub 2 is in the Sub 2 of the 1098.
    When I put a perfect DVD In my 1060 player and have the sub setting in MAX both Subs work powerfully but maybe Sub 2 plays with a little vocals in it, with YES setting the first Sub is more powerful sounding than the second Sub but by just a little bit,however, when I put the Sub setting on OFF sub one stops, but sub two sounds just like the power of Sub one when it was in YES. Why would sub two work in the OFF setting when they should be totally off. I always felt that Sub two had a bit of vocals in it when I put it in MAX, but i really think this second Sub is not connected correctly. Mind you I did not connect these two subs..it was the technician ,but because my cabinet is so hard to get to ,I think he must have connected the sub in the center plug of the 1098 or something.
    Please help becuase I can't figure this out??
    Thanks in advance, ;x(
    Chinets
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What it's doing exactly describes what would happen if he plugged it into the center output. There's two center outputs as well and they are right next to the sub outputs, very easy to get confused.

Kevin D.

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Man, Kevin D ,you are on the ball and know your stuff. I am totally impressed by you!!!!!!!!
      I also believe the technician plugged this 2nd Sub in the center Outputs and that was my conclusion too.
      I will have to wait for this technician to come over and fix this problem as I really can't get behind my equipment without serious help.
      I'll keep you posted if we were right on this, and I am sure you are right, as you are always ahead of the game!!!
      Thanks Kevin D for your generous assistance.
      God Bless you!!!
      Chinets

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"