X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troy R
    • May 2003

Rotel & Dynaudio

Is anyone in here running Dynaudio speaker with Rotel gear? I was wondering if they are sweet combo? I have the Contour 1.3mkII and am looking for a nice receiver. I was thinking the RSX1055 and then adding an external amp when funds allow. Will the 1055 run my contours well?

Any info would be great, Thanks!
    Troy
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Again, a situation where a post in Audio asking info on dynaudio's sensitivity rating, generally how easy they are to drive, how many watts are recommended would be as useful as asking for a specific Rotel user. It's ok to ask if anyone has them. Just keep in mind, the expert on Dynaudio here, if there is one, may never make it to Club Rotel as maybe he doesn't own Rotel or plan to-

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• RogueAngel
      • Jun 2002

Troy,

I have an RSX-1055 and have used it with DIY speakers with drivers from Morel, Vifa, Peerless, and North Creek Music. I've been amazed at the musicality these combinations have blessed me with. My understanding of the hertiage of the drivers I've used leads me to believe that if you like the Dynaudio sound, you're gonna love how they sound with the Rotel. YMMV of course.

Let us know what you think if you go forward with your purchase.

Bobbi

Comment

• Bruce
        • Aug 2000

I'm a longtime Dynaudio fan and have had Contours for the last 5 years, the Contour 2.8 for mains, the Contour center and Contour 1.1 surrounds.

Most of the Contours (including the 1.3MkII) are 4 Ohm speakers with an 86dB sensitivity.

This means they need lots of current to play loud, exactly what ALL receivers don't have.

I use a 5 channel Parasound 1205A amp today with 140 watts/channel @8 Ohms which is 200 watts/channel @4 Ohms with 45 peak amps per channel.

The Parasound 1205A seems to be fine with enough headroom for listening to HT at reference level without straining the amp.

I have my doubts about ANY receiver and Dynaudios, especially when listening close to reference volume. If you were to put a separate amp on the Dynaudios, then that would be better, otherwise I would listen at low volumes to make sure the receiver's amps are not clipping.

Bruce

Comment

• Entice
          • Nov 2002

Great to see another fan!

I recently added a Dynaudio and rotel package to my home...

Yep, I can say that the combo works well. But..I must add, I got the 1066/1095 combo...

I just don't think that a 1 box solution will have enough grunt to drive the speakers at the volumes that I prefer...

Comment

• Troy R
            • May 2003

Thanks everyone! I figured that a receiver would not do the dyn's complete justice but I figured I could get by until I move out of an apartment (no reference level for me). I will DEFINITELY be getting a seperate amp in the future, unless my budget will allow the RSP 1066 and seperate amps!

I just scored a deal for a Dynaudio C120 Center channel (full warranty less than half of MSRP) I know it's not a perfect match but it should do the job just fine since I'm not that critical of HT. 2 channel is much more important to me.

I'm driving them with a CHEAP Yamaha receiver right now and they get plenty loud for me (at the moment). I'm scared to turn it up past 10 o'clock though...

Thanks again!

Comment

• DK
              • Apr 2003

I'm using the 1066/1075 driving Dyns CS122, 42C and LR120+. The combo plays as loud as I want without distortion or clipping. I usually listen at around 70(DD) and 65(DTS) on the vol and it's clean. The amp's bass is a bit on the soft side and bit tippy on the highs but the mids are very nice and transparent. My xover is set at 80hz so most of the power from the amp goes to the mids and highs.

Comment

• lvhung
                • Jun 2005

If you want a receiver
                Buy 1068 at 1500 $

Comment

• lvhung
                  • Jun 2005

Sorry 1067

Comment

• Jamil
                    • Dec 2003

Troy,

My recommendation will be to do separates if possible. The Dyns are power hungry and will take whatever you give them. I believe most Dynaudio owners will agree to the separates route. I am not saying that the RSX-1067 will not be able to handle them. It simply goes back to the saying of auditioning single receiver vs. separates yourself. Currently, I have the Dynaudiio Audience 72SE (fronts), 52SE (surrounds) and the 122C (center). The fronts are powered by RB-1090 and the rest by the RMB-1095. Previously the same setup was powered by RB-1080 and the RMB1075. The pre/pro is the RSP-1068. Couldn't be any happier with the sound Good luck with whatever you decide!

--
                    Nasser

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"