• jordie
    • Dec 2003

rotel rsx1055 w/ magnepan mc1

My system ,so far, is :

Magnepan MC1 ...fronts and surrounds
    Magnepan CC3....center channel
    Music Hall CD25 24/96...cd player
    Rel Srata 3 .....subwoofer

..now the thing is that I was close of buying a Rotel rsx1055 as a receiver,I went to my dealer to get it and the guy there told me that the 1055 will not have enough power (too weak to drive my Magnepans).He said that Rotel separates would be a better choice(actually the only choice around 2k).He also sugested Classe separates or Martin Logan.But I really want to stay under 1500 for the receiver and in that case I would have to go with my next best which is NAD 763.
    my question is:is the 1055 really incapable of handeling my Magnepans or it was just dealer talk?
    thank you guys a lot!!!

memyselfandio
    memyselfandio
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Well unlike a lot of receivers the Rotel will actually drive those 4 ohm loads without shutting down. That said your dealer is right in that to really make those maggies sing you should be giving them more power and to get that you're really talking about adding a true power amp not another receiver.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

oops

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Exactly. The 1055 will be adequate to power them but to make them sing they really should have more power. You could always buy the 1055 (or it's newer replacement) now and save up $ for an amp down the line

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"