X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

TV interferences with rsx 1056

I'm experiencing a problem with my Loewe Aconda TV (PAL). When I turn on my RSX 1056 (any selection) it causes interferences to my TV reception. They are 30-degree lines that appear intermittently every 10 or 15 seconds.

The problem disappears as soon as I turn off the receiver and I don't have it when watching DVD's, only watching TV channels.

The receiver is placed right over the TV unit.

Any idea of how can I avoid this annoying problem?.

Thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Is there any way of moving the receiver from above the TV? What sort of antennae are you using for the TV channels?

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Rotels have pretty beefy power supply's that will create a magnetic field. Unfortunately that will wreak havoc on CRT displays when placed in close proximity to the CRT guns. So basically you need to seperate them...

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• aarsoe
        • May 2004

Would defenitly move the reciever as the effect on the tv is shurely not the only problem - you are bound to get interference from the tv in the receiver as well.

If for some reason you are not able to move the unit, and I strongly suggest that you do, you may be able to correct the problem by using a thick metal plate as shielding.

Comment

• Glen1
          • Feb 2004

I had the same problem with a 976 processor I had but it wasn't too bad. I bought a Primare integrated h/t receiver and it was unbearable. It affected every tv in the house, even one two brick walls and 15 metres away. I tried everything even plugging tv's and amp into next door's power supply and telly antenna but nothing fixed the problem. I swapped the amp for another one and it improved it by about 80 percent. I guess I'll have to live with that.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"