X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a2ee
    • Dec 2005

New RSX-1056 - which amp 1075 or 1080?

Hello!

I'm new here and from Germany. I've to say these forum is very useful/helpful!

What has happened: I was not sure should I buy a RSX-1067 or RSX-1056. In the end it was very easy I've got a brand new RSX-1056 (in black, what I prefer) for a VERY good price. -> I'll pick it up on Friday.

Now I'm not sure does it make sense to add a RB-1080 for stereo (front speakers)? Or is it more better to add a RMB-1075 for all 5 channels and use the RSX-1056 only for stereo? Or both???
    Additonal info: 70% I use to hear stereo only. In the moment I use an old marantz 2285 for stereo and I like his sound. I also have had experience with a RB-1070 which sounds similar to the marantz 2285.

Are there someone who could help me or may be have experience with these combinations (RSX-1056 + RMB1075 or RB-1080)? I would appreciate to get some info.

thx in advance
    :-) Andree
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Considering your stereo/HT ratio, I'd get the RB1080...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

I would get the 1080 too. Come to think of it, I got one used on ebay this weekend

Comment

• lvhung
        • Jun 2005

1067 is too goo and no need of getting 1080
        1067 is enough for every quality 5 speakers
        Receiver is more convinient

Comment

• bartk
          • Feb 2005

I have RSX-1056 - RMB-1075 and RB-1070 combo (in 6.1 channel setup), and I'm quite happy. sound is great, I'm amazed/impressed by the quality of sound (detail, placing) every day.

RB-1070 is also used for stereo, in combination with RC-1070 and RCD-1072

for my room (8x4 meters) that's more then sufficient.

My current setup is :
          Home cinema
          ROTEL RSX-1056
          ROTEL RMB-1075
          DENON DVD-2910
          SONY RDR-GX3 DVD recorder
          Sony WEGA 82 CM TV

Stereo
          ROTEL RC-1070
          ROTEL RB-1070
          ROTEL RCD-1072

speakers
          B&W DM603 S3 Front
          B&W LCR600 center
          B&W DM602 S3 surround
          B&W LCR600 surround back
          B&W ASW-600 sub

Cables
          Supra Rondo for front/center
          Das Monitor for surround and rear
          Interconnects : Audioquest, Monster M-series

to be added : ROTEL RT-1080/1084

Comment

• thyname
            • Jan 2005

If you like stereo (it looks like you do, considering that 70% of your time is spend there) I would strongly recommend RB-1080. I have it with RC-1070 and RCD-1072 and am very happy with it, and I was coming from a Rotel RX-1052 stereo receiver.

Comment

• labbetuss50
              • May 2005

I would have gone for the 1080
              Friendly regards

KML

Klipsch RF-7, RF-5, RC-7, Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1090, RMB-1095, Marantz SA-15, Marantz DV-9600, Panasonic PT-AE700, Adeo, Monster, Kimber, Nordost, PM Audio, Bettercables HDMI

Coming: 2 SVS PB12 Plus/2, Klipsch RF-7 for rear speakers in addition to RF-7 in front

Comment

• bung99
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by bartk
                I have RSX-1056 - RMB-1075 and RB-1070 combo (in 6.1 channel setup), and I'm quite happy. sound is great, I'm amazed/impressed by the quality of sound (detail, placing) every day.

RB-1070 is also used for stereo, in combination with RC-1070 and RCD-1072

for my room (8x4 meters) that's more then sufficient.

My current setup is :
                Home cinema
                ROTEL RSX-1056
                ROTEL RMB-1075
                DENON DVD-2910
                SONY RDR-GX3 DVD recorder
                Sony WEGA 82 CM TV

Stereo
                ROTEL RC-1070
                ROTEL RB-1070
                ROTEL RCD-1072

speakers
                B&W DM603 S3 Front
                B&W LCR600 center
                B&W DM602 S3 surround
                B&W LCR600 surround back
                B&W ASW-600 sub

Cables
                Supra Rondo for front/center
                Das Monitor for surround and rear
                Interconnects : Audioquest, Monster M-series

to be added : ROTEL RT-1080/1084

This might be a dumb question but how do you connect the 2 ch pre amp RC1070 and the RSX1056 to the RB1080 power amp.
                I have a RSX972 and wan't to improve the stereo output (70% of my listening). I am considering the RC-1070 & RB1080 but have to use my one set of main front speakers that would hang off the 1080 poweramp. I also want to have the 5.1 of the RSX972 working to the same set of front main speakers and still get the QUALITY stereo sound for music from a cd player that I would connect to the RC1070 pre amp. Rotel do not recommend having both balanced & un balanced imputs to the RB1080 at the same time & switching between them.

In essence I want good (improved) stereo & 5.1 out of the one set of main front speakers without going to a new RBM1075 to get the passthrough analog stereo. I would possibly later go to a RMB later in a couple of years but the 972 gives me all I want in 5.1 now.

I hope someone can help on how & if I can connect this up? Thanks

Comment

• gd
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bung99
                  how do you connect the 2 ch pre amp RC1070 and the RSX1056 to the RB1080 power amp... I have a RSX972 and wan't to improve the stereo output (70% of my listening). I am considering the RC-1070 & RB1080 but have to use my one set of main front speakers that would hang off the 1080 poweramp. I also want to have the 5.1 of the RSX972 working to the same set of front main speakers and still get the QUALITY stereo sound for music from a cd player that I would connect to the RC1070 pre amp.
                  To get the purest 2-ch sound, and/or hear the greatest difference...

Connect your (strictly) 2-channel music sources to the input of the RC-1070.

Connect Pre-Out of the RC-1070 to the input of the RB-1080, and the output of the 1080 to your front speakers, after disconnecting the RSX-972 speaker outputs to those fronts.

Connect the Front L-R Pre-Outs of the RSX-972 to any 2-ch input of the RC-1070.

May not be convenient, however... note that you will have to manage two volume controls... and you will need to go through a fresh new set-up / calibration procedure.

Otherwise, you might try just adding the RB-1080 first (to the 972)... depending on your speakers, this is likely your best shot at sound improvement and convenience... the 972 should sport a pretty decent pre-amp as it is.
                  greg (gd to you)
                  Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                  production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• scient
                    • Feb 2005

I too would suggest the 1080 as you seem to use your system for a lot of 2 channel audio. The more you can put out to the fronts the better its is going to sound. Also since your 1056 won't be driving your fronts any longer I would think they would be able to do a better job of driving the rest of your speakers.

Comment

• bung99
                      • Nov 2005

Thanks

I will go for the RB1080 first & try that to see how it goes. I don't want to have to play with the 2 volume controls if I can get out of it.

Comment

• bartk
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bung99
                        This might be a dumb question but how do you connect the 2 ch pre amp RC1070 and the RSX1056 to the RB1080 power amp.
                        I have a RSX972 and wan't to improve the stereo output (70% of my listening). I am considering the RC-1070 & RB1080 but have to use my one set of main front speakers that would hang off the 1080 poweramp. I also want to have the 5.1 of the RSX972 working to the same set of front main speakers and still get the QUALITY stereo sound for music from a cd player that I would connect to the RC1070 pre amp. Rotel do not recommend having both balanced & un balanced imputs to the RB1080 at the same time & switching between them.

In essence I want good (improved) stereo & 5.1 out of the one set of main front speakers without going to a new RBM1075 to get the passthrough analog stereo. I would possibly later go to a RMB later in a couple of years but the 972 gives me all I want in 5.1 now.

I hope someone can help on how & if I can connect this up? Thanks
                        I use a QED IX20 2-Way Input Expander to connect both, so the pre-out from my RSX-1056 and RC-1070 go to that, and from there to the RB-1070. Works perfectly, I only have to remember to push the button when switching from Stereo to HT, and back

Comment

• bung99
                          • Nov 2005

Thanks bartk

I will have a look at that after I plug the 1080 into my 972 & see what I think of that setup. A bit of fun for the new year.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"