X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdwinRotelUser
    • Mar 2005

Problems with external remote input Rotel RSX-1056

Hello,

I have a Rotel RSX-1056 Surround Receiver. I have problems with the external remote input of the RSX-1056.

The problem is that the RSX-1056 don't react on the sent IR-signal via the external remote input. Controlling the RSX-1056 with the remote via the internal IR-receiver in front of the RSX-1056 don't give any problems.

I use a Xantech remote system. I have used several systems of Xantech en several IR-receivers. But with no good result. I used the same Xantech system on an other RSX-1056 and that works fine.

The remote I use is the RR-1050, the standard remote of the RSX-1056.

I don't think the problem is the Xantech system, but the RSX-1056 external remote input.

Has anybody have/had this problem also ??
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Where is the IR receiver? If it's next to a plasma or in an area with a lot of sunlight, you'll have issues.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I've used a similar system for years on all my Rotel gear and its always worked perfectly. If you say its not the IR repeater then I'd consider having the 1056 looked at by Rotel. You could try plugging the IR repeater into the second zone input and see if it picks up the signals properly there and as Kevin points out plasma TV's and sunlight can block the signals as well

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"