X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike.g
    • Mar 2007

Will RSX-1056 improve with a RB976 amp and does rsx1056 = rsp1066

I have a RB976 6 channel amp

It drives my M&K k17's and K4's all of which are rated at 4 ohm.

The amp's specs are rated at 4 ohm and it is very clear the amp should and can drive 4 ohm speakers on all channels.

I can get a s/h RSX-1056

Considering my RB976 is about 6 years old, would the internal amplification of the RSX-1056 match or better the RB976.

I am not worried about ultimate power figures, just nice sound quality.

I have concerns whether the RSX-1056 can drive 4 ohm speakers. The specs say not, but the FAQ of the RSX-1055 say YES it can drive 4 ohm.

The RSX-1056 is cheaper than a RSP-1066, which I originally planned. I assume used as a processor it should equal the 1066. Can anyone confirm this?

Ideally I'm hoping I can sell my RB976 and use the RSX-1056's inbuilt amp and save even more money over buying the RSP-1066.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

The RSX 1056 shares technology with the RSP-1068. I believe the RSX-1055 was the soul mate of the RSP-1066.
    The 1056 is quite capable. I use one for ht and it drives some unpredictable speaker impedances that are quite low, and does it with finesse.

Comment

• mike.g
      • Mar 2007

thank you.

So would I get identical audio performance feeding an amp from an RSX-1056 used as a processor only compared to the true processor only RSP-1068?

Do all those amps wired up inside the RSX-1056 effect the sonic performance compared to the processor only RSP-1068?

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

In the more revealing sytems you may find the 1068 to be slightly better. That being said, many claim to hear litle or no difference with the 1056 used as a preamp. The amps on the 1056 are quite capable for a receiver. Sure separates have advantages but I doubt you'll hear any difference with the rb976.

Fortunately for you, since you already have the 976, you can make a direct comparison. Also, go for the 1056 instead of the older 1066 as the new features would be worth having.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"