X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

1066 sub out makes my subwoofers pop

I usually run my subs through the low pass line level ins/outs. Last night I tried using the two sub out outputs and when ever I turn the 1066 on or off the subs POP so loud I thought the entire house was going to explode. My HT in the basement and my wife two floors up thought I blew something in the electrical box it was that loud. I turned the volume on the subs down to about 30% and the pop is still there, but not nearly as bad. I'm running version 1.48 of the firmware and they pop no matter what the power on settings are(standby, always on direct). Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater
  • JKohn
    • Jun 2002

I have my sub plugged into one of the delayed-on outlets on my Panamax, which is hooked up to my 1066 via trigger. So the sub always powers on after the 1066. I do the same thing with my amp for the same reasons.

Jeff Kohn
    Jeff Kohn
    http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Legairre
      • Jan 2002

I leave my subs on all the time so they just go into standby when the not in use, so everytime I power up the 1066 I'll get the pop. I'd rather not leave the 1066 on all the time. If I did leave the 1066 on all the time and power ever went out or someone else turns it off, boom the nasty pop. I'm sure this pop will destroy the subs if I let things work this way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Radden Home Theater
      Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

What's happening is your sub amp is always on. Every output on the 1066 will receive a 'pop' when you turn it on. Since the subs are already on, they 'pop'.

Either have you subs go into standby after a period of time, or do like Jeff and get some delayed output outlets. Rotel's RLC900 does a really nice job of this.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JohnSC
          • Jun 2002

Isn't that what you are saying Legairre? The subs are in standby mode. It is the 'pop' signal that turns them on.

I have my sub similarly in standby mode and plugged into the sub outs and do not get a pop at all.

John

Comment

• Legairre
            • Jan 2002

The problem is still there even when the subs are in standby. They pop loud.

I spoke with Tim from Rotel yesterday who I've exchanged emails with several times over the past year. In the past all my questions for Tim had been inquirys about wattage and stuff like that. I have to say though that Rotel is great . I sent an email to techsupport@rotel.com and I got one back within 15 minutes asking me to call their 800 number so I can discuss the problem DIRECTLY with Tim(this and the products are why I like Rotel so much 8) ).

I tried a few of the things he suggested, but none cured the problem, so it looks like my 1066 will be going in the shop.

Tim Wyatt, if you're out there. Thank you very much.

Also I want to say thank you to everyone at the forum for trying to help me out.

Thanks guys.

Radden Home Theater
            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• JKohn
              • Jun 2002

I leave my subs on all the time so they just go into standby when the not in use, so everytime I power up the 1066 I'll get the pop.
              But if you use a triggered outlet for the sub's power-cord, you don't need to use the standby feature on your sub. The sub will get powered on/off along with your 1066, except that the trigger delay will prevent the pop. I don't see what downside there could be to this.

Jeff Kohn
              Jeff Kohn
              http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"