Hey, where's the 1066's LFE Trim setting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

Hey, where's the 1066's LFE Trim setting?

A lot of receivers have an LFE Trim setting that ranges from 0 to +10. For DTS your supposed to turn setting to 0 and for DD your supposed to set it at +10. Anyone know if the equivalent on the 1066 is the +/- setting in the subwoofer setup menu. I know Rotel doesn't call it LFE Trim, but does the +/- on the sub setup menu serve the same purpose.

Thanks
    Legairre

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
  • Chris3G
    • Sep 2002

Sub level setting doesn't serve the same purpose because that setting adjusts the general level for any signal being reproduced by the sub. This includes data from the LFE channel as well as any information in the other 5 channels below the specified crossover point. A dedicated LFE adjustment setting would only affect the information from the LFE channel.

That being said, in my experience most receivers with an LFE level setting allow you to adjust the LFE level from -10 to 0, with 0 being the standard setting. if you are talking about the DTS LFE issue with DTS LFE tracks being played back 10db's too low, i believe that is only an issue with certain receivers/processors (H/K x20 series comes to mind). I haven't heard anything regarding that issue and Rotel units.

Comment

• JKohn
      • Jun 2002

I don't think it's an issue on processors that don't have that option, they set the LFE level automatically.

Jeff Kohn
      Jeff Kohn
      http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"