X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SadSACD
    • Dec 2009

? to the Rotel experts

Hello to all! Can the Rotel 1560 process SACD via HDMI? Someone told me that I may have issues with that before but I thought that was just a rumor. I read recently that Rotel did not install a required codec to process SACD from HDMI?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It will not decode the DSD signal. Your player will have to do the decoding and send it multi-channel PCM.

SACD & DVDA are not popular enough to spend the extra money putting a SACD logo on the front.

Kevin D.

Comment

• SadSACD
      • Dec 2009

Too Bad

The quality of the Rotel's sound is what drew me to the company, but I would think that sound is by far the most important area for any receiver. Where SACD is probably the best format produced for sound it is too bad that they made that decision, it would have been wonderful to hear Rotel's equipment processing the signals.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It's a decoded lossless bitstream signal. If you send it via HDMI there shouldn't be a difference.

Kevin D.

Comment

• SadSACD
          • Dec 2009

OOps

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to learn some of this stuff and keep a lot of outdated info in my mind as well. When I read your last reply I thought your answer was almost common sense, thank you for your help I think I'll go stare at a blank screen for a while, LOL at myself. Thank you again.

Comment

• heda
            • Dec 2009

Hello to you all!

I found this forum by accident, when I was tryin' to get some info on the Rotel reciever my father owns. It's the RX-604, very good looking, but I'm afraid it needs a bit of tightenin' up. A friend of mine told me that it would be best to check if it's worth it at all. It served us very well for all these years, so, if you ask me, it really is worth saving it and investing in it. I would just like to know if any one of you had any experience with this model, and would like to share it with me...

Thanx!

P.S.(We also have Rotel RD-18f cassette player, which, I think, also needs the same kind of attention!)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"