X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinyaar
    • Aug 2006

Bi wiring the RB 1080

Hi,
    My set up is a NAD PRE, RB 1080 power and B&W 603 s. The 1080 has 2 sets of speaker terminals though the manual does not indicate so!!!! Any way my question is whether it is better to use all the provided terminals in a biwire set up?
    At the moment they are clubbed into 1 positve and 1 negative at the amp end as my earlier amp had only 1 set of terminals.
    This may be a dumb question for you guys but would using both sets of terminals amount to halving the power/impedence?
    Here in India the rotel dealer just cannot guide you in any way?
    Awaiting a reply. Thanks.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Nope, those terminals are in parallel with one another. They are electrically tied together, just inside the amp chasis.

Comment

• dinyaar
      • Aug 2006

Biwiring the RB 1080

HI Thanks a ton for your time. I will biwire it the way explained and will use both sets of binding posts. If nothing else it will give me a solid connection to the Kimber banana pins i am using. Pushing two Van Den Hul CS 122 wires into 1 pin is a head ache. Thanks again.

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Hi dinyaar,

B&W recommends that their speakers should be bi-wired to get the best performance out of them. That's why they provide two sets of binding posts on the back of their speakers. If you do decide to bi-wire then make sure that you remove the little piece of metal (or wire) that connects the binding posts together on the back of your speakers. If you change your mind later and go back to a single speaker wire then don't forget to put that little piece of connecting metal back.

Nigel.

Comment

• dinyaar
          • Aug 2006

Biwiring the RB 1080

Hey Guys Thanks To U All For The Advice And Suggestions. Have Biwired And Am Happy With The Sound. Thanks To U All. Regards

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"