X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belgarath99
    • Jun 2005

RB-1080 question - Double Binding Posts

Hi

I bought a demo Rotel RB-1080 last week to power my front speakers. As it is a demo unit, I did not get a manual with it. The unit has double binding posts on the rear panel.

My Dynaudio speakers does not have bi-terminals for bi-amping/bi-wiring. Does anyone know whether it matters which sets of terminals to hook up the power amps to the speakers? If only one set of terminals are hooked up, does that mean I only get 100W of power per channel?

Thanks
    Stephen
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

It does not matter which set of binding post you hook up to - either set you get the full 200 watts per side.

Comment

• AGS
      • Feb 2005

FYI you can easily download the manual from the rotel website, www.rotel.com ...all their manuals are available there for free....I've pulled down all sorts of docs from them to review.

Ags

Comment

• Belgarath99
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by AGS
        FYI you can easily download the manual from the rotel website, www.rotel.com ...all their manuals are available there for free....I've pulled down all sorts of docs from them to review.

Ags
        I have done that but their online manual for the RB-1080 must be for the "older" version of the RB-1080 as the rear panel on the manual only shows single binding posts. Needless to say, it will not have answer to the question I was asking.

Comment

• sprout
          • Jun 2005

Try this link

It is for the 1090, but has the speaker terminals you refer to?

If so, the info should all be relevant.

Hope this helps

Cheers

sprout :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"