X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

RB 1080 A/B speaker terminal switch?

Hi guys, just a quick question on how the RB1080 (with 8 speaker terminals on back, not 4 ) switches from "A" speakers to "B" speakers?

Is there a switch on the front or back panel?

Rotel's website does not show any switches on the unit for A/B speakers, however they only show the unit with 4 speaker terminals.

One more thing, are the problem 1080's (fuse blowing) only the earlier units with 4 speaker terminals?

thanks Pete
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

No, there is not an A - B speaker switch. The 'extra' terminals on the rear are for bi-amping/bi-wiring your speakers (1 amp to control the mids/highs and 1 amp to control the lows). I wish my RB-1070 had that feature.

Comment

• bleeding ears
      • Nov 2004

Thanks miner, of course, now i get it

Obviously Rotel believe there are benefits in Bi amping ?

My Energy speakers dont have 2 sets of terminals so I can forget bi amping for now at least.

I wonder why Rotel didnt put 8 speaker terminals on the earlier RB 1080 amps?

Surely they would have known about any advantages in bi amping when they made the earlier 1080 amps with only 4 terminals?

Also is this set up truely bi amping?

thanks Pete

Comment

• soundhound
        • Mar 2004

Pete, that set up is bi-wiring. Bi-amping entails splitting the highs/lows prior to amplification with an active crossover, and amplifying frequencies seperately.

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

thanks guys for explaining , obviously I have much to learn, but thats why I keep coming back.

Pete

Comment

• miner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by soundhound
            Pete, that set up is bi-wiring. Bi-amping entails splitting the highs/lows prior to amplification with an active crossover, and amplifying frequencies seperately.
            Whoooops, I stand corrected plus I knew that. I have been spending so much time lately researching the benies of bi-amping that it was just stuck in my mind.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"