X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevgrif
    • Jun 2005

Can I bi-amp with RSX 1067 and RB 1080?

Hi. This is my first posting. I am about to take delivery of an RSX 1067, RB 1080 and RDV 1050. I am running B&W 805s fronts with B&W DM600S3 surrounds. Is it possible to feed the 1067 front speaker outputs to the tweeter terminals of the 805s and the output from the 1080 to the mid range terminals? The 1080 would be fed from the front pre-outs.

Surely this would give the speakers more 'headroom' or am I expecting too much?

Looking forward to being a part of the Club!

Trevgrif
    Last edited by Trevgrif; 06 June 2005, 18:06 Monday.
  • Cyclesberuff
    • Jun 2005

Hey Trevgrif, I'm not an expert at this but I once remember reading that bi-amping with a two-way speaker is bad.The reason being that the signal going to the tweeter is a full range signal which really needs to be distributed to different drivers. This doesn't happen with a three-way speaker where the signal may be sent to the mid and tweeter drivers and the other amp goes to the bass, but again with a full range speaker. Well I said my two cents worth, I'm not an expert so please correct me if I'm wrong.This is also my first time contributing so I hope I didn't step on any toes. Thanks,Cycles

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

The above statement is not true, you will do no damage by passively biamping your speakers, but it is likely it will not make much of an improvement either. As to your main question, I do not think you can biamp with the 1067, but other guys on this site with more experience will hopefully weigh in...

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Trevgrif
        ...Is it possible to feed the 1067 front speaker outputs to the tweeter terminals of the 805s and the output from the 1080 to the mid range terminals? The 1080 would be fed from the front pre-outs...
        I'm not sure wether or not a signal is being sent to the front speakers' binding posts on the backpanel of your RSX-1067 when you use the fronts' pre-outs on the RSX-1067. Connecting a wire from these binding posts to the 805's tweeters might be useless.
        If my suspicion is inaccurate, I'd say hey, give it a try :T
        Last edited by weijst; 23 June 2005, 05:14 Thursday.
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• eelco74
          • Dec 2002

I think there is always a signal on the pre-out.

Btu the problem is the difference in amps. They will sound different. So unless you are trying to fix a major problem, like connection a warm sounding amp to the high units, to correct hashness, do not see the advantage.
          Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
          Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
          Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"