X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattCXII
    • Feb 2004

I made the jump!

Ok,

As per my last post I was deciding on whether or not I wanted to dump my Yammie and go for the 1056. Thanks to Andrew, he opened my eyes to another alternative... the RMB-1075 + the Yammie (for now) as a processor. It turns out that I went one step further.

I wouldn't have done this if it wasn't such a GREAT price. I ended up with the 1075 and the 1066. I know that the 1068 is comming out in a week but I got a steal on the old model. In total I paid $2400 Canadian for both components. I could not turn that price down.... not considering that the 1056 is going for $2000 and the 1068 would be around $2500. I think I made the right choice. I have now made the leap into seperates and I am quite happy. Thanks to Andrew for setting me on this new idea (new to me). I was always so set on recievers but once I heard how this combo performed it didn't take me much to jump ship.

He had to order the amp so I pick it all up in a week or so.

I will be a perminant member of this forum with MANY questions. I hope you all have patience and are good to the beginning crew! Thanks again!

Matt
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Congratulations. That is some deal you got

This is the exact combo I had before I upgraded the 1066 to 1098. I also went from a receiver to separates (THX approved HK receiver) and I could not believe the improvement in sound. You will not be disappointed with this upgrade. It is going to be a big improvement over the Yamaha the moment you put that first CD in and it will get better after it is broken-in properly.

Excellent choice.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Matt,

Congratulations on your new gear, and welcome to the Club.

I owned a Yamaha-3200, and then stepped into the world of separates. It was certainly a dramatic change, at least for me.

Welcome to the world of separates, but watch out for the upgraditis bug, it exist all year round and can bite anytime, anywhere :LOL: .

Enjoy your toys,

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Congratulations Matt!

I went from a Yamaha RX-V1 (which was no slouch) and let me tell you, there's a wonderful improvement. You will love your uprgade Welcome to the club 8)

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
          • Feb 2004

Thanks for your replys. I think I got a deal that made it more financially smart to stay with the 1066 as opposed to going with the 1068. He sold me the processor for $1100. I couldn't turn that down.

Once it comes I hope you will all bear with me with my multiple questions.

Matt

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by MattCXII
            ...I think I got a deal that made it more financially smart to stay with the 1066 as opposed to going with the 1068...
            You think you got a good deal!? 8O I used to think I got a good deal until I saw that price! I think most people are paying more than that for used stuff!

Hopefully you'll get your gear soon so you can start breaking it in and be pleasantly surprised at how much better the sound keeps getting!

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
              • Feb 2004

Aud19,

I recieved such a great deal because the owner of the store was getting his 1068's in the next day and needed the display room for them. He sold me the 1066 for $1100 and the 1075 for $1300. As much as I wanted the 1068 just to stay current, I couldn't justify the extra money. I can't wait for this to come but I must say I am very intimidated with the whole setup and configure process. I have never owned seperates before and I find myself a tad lost. The owner gave me the manual to keep me ocupied from the 1066 for the time being. I hopefully won't have too many issues.

Matt

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Other than connecting the additional 5 RCA cables and the additional power cable, it's really not any different Speaking of cables, what are you using? If you haven't got them already you'll want to get some decent interconnects from source to pre/pro and pre/pro to amp. (Especially with all that money you saved! ) Have a look at Cat Cables (the link is at the bottom of the page). Doug, the owner of Cat and this forum makes excellent cables and backs them up with even better service. As a bonus he tends to give a discount to HTGuide members :P Also you'll be helping support this great forum!

Jason

Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
                  • Feb 2004

Maybe I am expecting it to be more difficult than it actually will be. As far as the cables... I went very conservative with them. I just picked up some Phoenix Gold ARx 300 series shielded audio cables. I have a month to return them if I don't like them. Have you had any experience with Phoenix Gold?

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

I haven't personally had experience with them but I think I've heard good things aout them. Still, you should send off an e-mail to Doug (AKA Lex) he might be able to get you a better cable for the same price and/or cables best suited to your gear and tastes... Especially if you have a month to return the other cables.

Jason

Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Thanks to Andrew for setting me on this new idea
                      Oh great another wife/girlfriend that'll want to put a hit out on me...its getting to the point I'll need a body guard

Seriously VERY well done! Those are incredible prices and you're now set up for any future upgrades...not that you'll need to unless you want to get into 7.1...oops there I go again :LOL:

Comment

• MattCXII
                        • Feb 2004

I will keep that in mind for sure. First I want to audition the new gear and see how it sounds with my Monitor 7's.

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Comment

• MattCXII
                          • Feb 2004

Andrew,

I unfortunatly already have blamed you...

Here was how the conversation went....

Girl - "I can't fane interest in this anymore... I seriously think you have a problem with this"

Me - "This guy on a HT message board told me to go check this out.... It's his fault!"

Girl - "Now you're listening to people on the web? I guess if you are going to be frivilous and stupid with your money you might as well do it now when your only 27. But seriously.... 2400 bucks? Common."

It wasn't pretty but I deflected most of the blame on to you... hope you don't mind... :LOL:

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

LMAO... I usually just cower in a corner... then when it's safe I suck up like there's no tomorrow.

Jason

Jason

Comment

• Adz
                              • Jan 2004

Not sure if this is an okay question to post, its Rotel related but I didn't want to start another string. I have an RSP 1066 mint condition latest software. Can anyone tell me how best to sell something like this?

Adz
                              Adz

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"