X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeyc
    • Sep 2004

[QUOTE=myki]mikeyc,

I'm sure the 52SE's sound great, but you really must have good amplification. If you only plan to get a budget amp like the NAD C352, then you can be happy with the 42s or 52s. If you have money to spend for amps like the Cyrus 8vs or Roksan Caspian, etc., then I'll go 52SEs.

Myki: My plan was to use the 1068/1075 set up for the 52SEs. Do you think that's a good match and are the 52SEs overkill for HT.

Good review of the 4500 at AVS by the way. I've got an original Marantz tube amp (the 8B) paired up with a pair of Harbeth BBC monitors and I just love the warm sound.
    Last edited by mikeyc; 02 November 2004, 00:16 Tuesday.

Comment

• myki
      • Oct 2004

If you also plan to listen to music in your HT setup (Rotel+ Dyn), then it's not an overkill.

But if it is for a pure HT setup, then it is since most of the audio will be coming from the center channel.

I only have 1 system for both HT and music so I had to go Dynaudio. If I had extra rooms, then I would have probably stick with B&Ws for my Home Theater, then get the Audience 52SE for a purely music setup.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"