Recommendation for HT receiver or separates combo for DM604/601/LCR600 set up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hometheaternewb
    • Feb 2005

Recommendation for HT receiver or separates combo for DM604/601/LCR600 set up?

I have the following speaker setup:

DM604 S3 (Fronts)
    M601 S3 (Rears)
    LCR600 S3 (Centre)
    SVS PB12 ISD (Sub)

I think I cheaped out too much on the receiver (Yamaha RX-v750). The Yammie has a nice array of processing modes for HT and the auto level set feature is neat, but I can't help feeling that I'm not powering the speakers enough to make them sing. Yamaha rates the RX-v750 at 100wpc but it doesn't sound like it.

I'd be appreciative of any receiver or pre-amp/processor and amp combos recommendations that folks feel are especially well matched to the speakers above. I'm on a budget, US$2000 cap. Assume a 50/50 HT/music split with my music tastes leaning towards rock although jazz and classical get some airtime as well.

Thanks!
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

I have the rotel rsx1056 w/ B&W 603s3 & lcr600s3 and they sound great(will get the 601s3 as soon as i can).Rotel and B&W do sound good together.For seperates i think you would need to raise your budget.But if you get the rsx1056 and add a good amp like the rb1080 or the 1075 you'll be able to fit it in your budget.It will be as good as seperates.I'm actually hoping to add an amp soon and will be looking for a rb993 200x3.

Comment

• Fife
      • Apr 2004

How about a Yamaha RX-V1?

Comment

• Kyle
        • Jan 2005

I'm using a Rotel RSP-1068 + RMB-1075 w/ 603s3, 601s3 and an LCR60 and so far I'm loving it.
        My gear

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

I have a Denon 2805 with 603s/LCR600/601s setup. I'm having a hard time telling myself it sounds good with music, even though I love the HT sounds. Would going with Rotel receiver or separates really improve the music performance? I can't imagine the electronics making a night and day differences, because it's still using the same speakers making the sounds?

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
            I have a Denon 2805 with 603s/LCR600/601s setup. I'm having a hard time telling myself it sounds good with music, even though I love the HT sounds. Would going with Rotel receiver or separates really improve the music performance? I can't imagine the electronics making a night and day differences, because it's still using the same speakers making the sounds?
            I would say YESSSS

Comment

• RJW1138
              • Nov 2004

BlazeMaster -- That depends. Is your source up to snuff? I just recently put an end to my dissatisfaction with my NAD T742 / 602 s3 combo on the music side of things by upgrading my source and interconnects. WOW what a difference. I was mainly doubting my speakers, and contemplating upgrading them by multiple hundreds of dollars. But, some good fortune (the lending of a sweet universal player and interconnects) allowed me to realize that I was looking in the wrong place and that it was my source that was the weak link. Your system's only as good as your weakest link, and you need to find it.

$650 CDN later, my system sounds phenomenally better than it did before, and spending that money in the wrong place wouldn't have made the difference that it did. Boy am I glad that all went well.

Make sure you know exactly what your weakest link is and start there. If it turns out to be your 2805, then yes, an upgrade to some Rotel gear should most likely improve things on the music front.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"