X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Power loss problem with 1068

I live in a condo and every now and then I get wierd power outages. Specifially, half of my apartment will lose power but the other half is fine (the circuit breakers are not tripped). Very odd indeed but I chalk it up to shaddy construction. Today, it happened again for only a second but this time my 1068 lost all of it settings. Should I be concerned about the 1068 lossing it settings? I have had no problems with the unit before. If the power had been out for a few hours I probably wouldnt be so concerned but I thought it would keep the settings for a least a little while.
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

I am confused why you lost your settings. I have a 1056 receiver and I have had power outages during use in the past and never lost my settings.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The Rotel processors do not like quick power glitches. Sometimes during these the eeprom will get messed up and the unit will 'default'. Nothing to be concerned about as there's no damage, but you should get a small UPS (battery backup) to run the 1068. This should keep it going through the quick surges and help retain your settings.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"