X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weasel
    • Nov 2012

Rotel RSP-1068 Settings and Configuration Loss When Disconnected From AC

Hi. Don't come here often, but I know where the expertise is. I'm in the process of moving and obviously had to disconnect my system. My question is this: Does the RSP-1068 lose it's settings and configurations when removed from AC power for a period of time? I don't know how long it'll be before I'm reconnected and I'm concerned that I'll lose all of my settings. Thanks in advance for the help. A great site
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It will hold it's settings indefinitely (written to eeprom) , but if your unit is not at 1.28 firmware I would go ahead and write down all critical settings. Older firmware has an issue with losing settings while exposed to lower then normal AC voltage (usually during brown-outs), but could happen while killing power.

That said, moving to a new room will require setting back up all the critical settings anyway, so you may not even need to worry about it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Kevin is exactly right. Moving into a new listening room will require a complete re-calibration of all your settings anyway!.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"