X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

Question about my 1068 and connecting to a HDTV receiver

I have hooked up my HDTV receiver to my 1068 with an optical-digital audio cable (took the first one back because I thought the cable was bad) so I can get a better movie like atmosphere with cable shows.
    The sound is coming out at a lower level and sounds smeared at times.
    On some channels the ancillary or background noise or sound effects are at the correct volume but the voices are still at a very low level. I have the volume turned up to 87 on the unit and still the voices are at a low level.
    I have the input set to the correct optical output. I also only have 2 speakers and a sub now so I have the speakers set accordingly in the setup area.
    Can any of you rotel experts lend a hand. I thank you in advance.
  • ekkoville
    • Aug 2004

Sounds like your missing the center channel. If the 1068 is reading a Pro Logic signal from the box, you can select 2 Channel output from the choices. If the signal is Dolby Digital, I think you're out of luck; you may have PCM 2 Ch. as a selection. Without a center channel you might be better off with analog cables.

Comment

• springer49
      • Oct 2004

ekkoville, those were my thoughts so I went in and switched to 2 channel. still bad. I think you are correct in assuming that because it is a dd signal that it might be looking for a center channel. Maybe when I get all my new speakers in and set up it will sound better. Thanks

Comment

• springer49
        • Oct 2004

went in to the setup for the HD receiver and switched it from dd to PCM and it is working fine. The signal was obviously looking for all the other speakers and trying to compensate.
        Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

The only way you could've gotten around that is to have the 1068 set up with only two speakers. It should force the center channel and surround effects out to the mains. I think it might even be called Phantom center or something... I'd have to look to know exactly what I'm talking about.

But switching it to PCM is the best way to do it until you get the rest of your speakers.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"