X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

RSX-1055 vs RSP-1068 2 channel

I am sure this has been a topic b-4 but here goes anyway. I started into Rotel w/ the RSP-980, RMB-1075 power amp. I moved "up" to an RSX-1055 for a pre-pro. I love the improved processing capabilities and sound of the surround channels w/ the 1055, but it doesnt hold a candle to the 980 for 2 channel. The 1055 in 2 channel is boaring, where as the 980 would come into the room and grab me. Question being would the RSP-1068 bring this back as well as keep the surround sounds I am acustomed to? I have no desire to get the 1098 which I am sure would do the trick, but b-4 I go shell out $1500 in a few hours (a store an hour from me has a couple on hand) I figured I would see if any one has made the same change and noticed a big difference. The demo will sound incredible I am sure, with different gear and enviroment than I have, so been-there, done-that would be cool. I am unsure of there return policy if I were to bring it home and not find what I am looking for. Worst case, I can buy another 980 exsclusively for audio only, Thanx, Bob
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

IMO the 1066 was a slight improvement over the 1055 for SQ. Not worth the upgrade if you already had a 1055 but if you wanted the absolute best of the two and you were starting from scratch, the 1066 was the way to go IMO.

Now the 1056 and 1068 are supposed to be a fair bit better than their predeccesors, especially for two channel, from what I've read others say so it may be something for you to look into. And as the the 1066 was slightly better than the 1055, I would imagine the 1068 would give you that extra inch of SQ over the 1056 as well.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Well, I just returned from Stereoland RSP-1068less. The salesman was a Dink. He had given me the "we dont make anything on Rotel" song and dance. He sure tried to cram an Anthem 2 channel tube pre-amp down my throat. Price wasnt bad, (demo-799) but I listened to the RSP-1068 through some Paradigm big blonde floor standers and an Anthem power amp, and that was the sound I had w/ my set-up b-4 the RSP-980 went in favor of the RSX-1055. His best price on the 1068 was $1680 out the door. I said "NAH" I did notice they had an RSX-1056 in a seperate room, perhaps I should venture back and give it a listen, or perhaps set patiently and wait for a better deal on the 1068. Thanks again, Bob

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"