X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Multi-Channel Input?

Hello All,

Will a Yamaha receiver pre-outs work if they hooked into a Rotel RSP-1068 multi-channel inputs??

Trying to get the new surround sounds the econmical way.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Ferres
    • Jan 2007

Yeah but the sound will probably be sub par. Why not just get a Blu-ray player with multi-channel analogs?

Comment

• Tim_D
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by june
      Hello All,

Will a Yamaha receiver pre-outs work if they hooked into a Rotel RSP-1068 multi-channel inputs??

Originally posted by Ferres
      Yeah but the sound will probably be sub par. Why not just get a Blu-ray player with multi-channel analogs?
      I'm looking at doing something similar. I think the issues are that the 1068 will not apply any bass management to the analog inputs. Also, I don't think any Blu-Ray player has decent bass management that can be supplied to the analog outs that I can find.

Perhaps the new Panasonic BD50 will, but I don't think any current players have this feature. With the setup above, I think you could use the Yamaha's bass management and/or YPAO/room correction to the 1068. Possibly others that are more knowledgeable or have tried something similar can chime in....

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

Tim D

This is my plan:
        1. buying a yamaha rxv663
        2. hdmi out from bd-30 to hdmi into rxv663
        3. hdmi out from rxv663 to sony xrb2
        4. pre-outs from rxv663 to rotel rsp-1068 multi-channel inputs
        5. rotel on bypass mode to rotel 1075 5-channel amp
        6. new surround sounds decoded thur yamaha rxv663 powered by the rotel amp.

The yamaha will be used for blu-ray sound only. And the rotel for everything else (music, radio, hdtv, etc....)
        June

Comment

• Tim_D
          • Nov 2003

Tim D

This is my plan:
          1. buying a yamaha rxv663
          2. hdmi out from bd-30 to hdmi into rxv663
          3. hdmi out from rxv663 to sony xrb2
          4. pre-outs from rxv663 to rotel rsp-1068 multi-channel inputs
          5. rotel on bypass mode to rotel 1075 5-channel amp
          6. new surround sounds decoded thur yamaha rxv663 powered by the rotel amp.

The yamaha will be used for blu-ray sound only. And the rotel for everything else (music, radio, hdtv, etc....)
          June,

I am considering the same receiver for use with my 1075 amp. I need to have something with Dolby headphone support or similar like Yamaha's Silent Cinema. I'm considering the BD30 since I don't know what additional benefits the new BD50 will have, especially once I have a HDMI 1.3a compatible receiver. I really don't care about the PIP features, etc. However, I am not sure what to do with my 1068. I may end up selling it on this forum or elsewhere.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

Tim,

maybe you can do why i'm doing.
            June

Comment

• Tim_D
              • Nov 2003

Tim,

maybe you can do why i'm doing.
              June,

For me, the Yamaha 663 duplicates the funtionality of the 1068. I only use for movies, no 2 or multi-channel music. I hate to part with it, but I can't come up with a good reason to keep unless I can notice sound quality issues with the Yamaha paired to my 1075 (which I don't believe I would since speakers/room would have more of an impact).

Comment

• joetama
                • May 2006

Interesting...

I do a weird loop around with my system.

I use my Yamaha Reveiver for my amplifier of my surrounds and my center channel (Multi-Channel In). I also use it for my pre-amp for my TT (L&R Pre Amp out). I've been meaning to buy a dedicated pre-amp... ops:
                -Joe

Comment

• Nuthed
                  • Jan 2007

Hello All,

Basically you want to use the Yammy receiver as an HDMI breakout box, correct?

It will work fine. Just remember that after you set the volume level on the Yamaha and calibrate your Rotel, don't touch the volume knob on the Yamaha again.
                  Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
                  RB980-BX driving mains
                  Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
                  Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
                  Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
                  SVS PB-12

Comment

• june
                    • Feb 2005

Thanks Nuthed,

the local salesman was trying to talk me out of this set up and buy the Integra DCT 9.8.
                    June

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"