Parasound Announcement Regarding NEW CLASSIC Gear! - Now Shipping!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhuskins
    • Aug 2003

Parasound Announcement Regarding NEW CLASSIC Gear! - Now Shipping!

I'm sure everybody will be excited to know that the new Classic gear from Parasound is now available to order. They released it this week with much anticipation.

A typical 7 channel setup will consist of the 7100, 5125 and 2125. This will cost $5,500 MSRP and be fully THX Ultra II Certified. If you have 4 ohm speakers you’ll get 185-200 watts per channel or 125 watts per channel if they are 8 ohm. This is likely the lowest cost THX Ultra II complete separates system available from any manufacturer.

The top of the line setup will consist of the 7100, 5250 and 2250. This will cost $6,700 MSRP. The output would be increased to 385-400 watts at 4 ohms and 250 watts at 8 ohms.

The released products include the following:

Model 7100 - 7.1 Channel Surround Controller that includes DDEX, PLIIx, DTS-ES96, THX Ultra II, 10 source switching, 6 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs, 13 video inputs, 7.1 channel analog input with Bass Management, Video Upconversion (Composite - S - Component), Component Video On Screen Control, Main & Remote Zone operation, 2-way RS-232, 2 IR inputs, 1 fixed and 2 programmable 12v triggers, back-lit universal/learning remote for 6 added devices, software upgradeable, PC setup, 3 rack spaces, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $3,000 MSRP - available now!

Model 5250 - THX Ultra II certified, 5 Channel amp with 250 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 385 watts per channel , 4 ohms, 45 peak amps, Fully discrete circuitry with 2 toroid transformers, low heat design, DC servo and relay protection, auto on/off with DC trigger, adjustable audio sensing automatic on/off, gold plated RCA's, heavy duty gold 5-way speaker terminals, ground lift switch, 4 rack spaces, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $2,500 MSRP - available now!

Model 5125 - THX Ultra II certified, 5 Channel amp with 125 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 185 watts per channel , 4 ohms, 35 peak amps, Fully discrete circuitry with 2 toroid transformers, low heat design, DC servo and relay protection, auto on/off with DC trigger, adjustable audio sensing automatic on/off, gold plated RCA's, heavy duty gold 5-way speaker terminals, ground lift switch, 3 rack spaces, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $1,800 MSRP - available now!

Model 2250 - THX Ultra II certified, 2 Channel amp with 250 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 400 watts per channel , 4 ohms, 350 watts per channel, 2 ohms, 700 watts bridged 8 or 4 ohms, 45 peak amps, impedance switch for 2 ohm operation, bridging switch for stereo/mono operation, A/B speaker terminals with individual on/off, 18 dB/octave high pass filter switchable 20Hz or 40Hz, Fully discrete circuitry with toroid transformer, low heat design, DC servo and relay protection, auto on/off with DC trigger, adjustable audio sensing automatic on/off, gold plated RCA's, heavy duty gold 5-way speaker terminals, ground lift switch, rear mounted gain controls, 115/230v selectable on rear panel, 3 rack spaces, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $1,200 MSRP - available in March

Model 2125 - THX Ultra II certified, 2 Channel amp with 125 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 200 watts per channel , 4 ohms, 125 watts per channel, 2 ohms, 400 watts bridged 8 or 4 ohms, 35 peak amps, impedance switch for 2 ohm operation, bridging switch for stereo/mono operation, A/B speaker terminals with individual on/off, 18 dB/octave high pass filter switchable 20Hz or 40Hz, Fully discrete circuitry with toroid transformer, low heat design, DC servo and relay protection, auto on/off with DC trigger, adjustable audio sensing automatic on/off, gold plated RCA's, heavy duty gold 5-way speaker terminals, ground lift switch, rear mounted gain controls, 115/230v selectable on rear panel, 2 rack spaces, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $700 MSRP - available in March

Model 275 - THX Ultra II certified, 2 Channel amp with 75 watts per channel, 8 ohms, 125 watts per channel , 4 ohms, 125 watts per channel, 2 ohms, 200 watts bridged 8 or 4 ohms, 35 peak amps, impedance switch for 2 ohm operation, bridging switch for stereo/mono operation, A/B speaker terminals with individual on/off, 18 dB/octave high pass filter switchable 20Hz or 40Hz, Fully discrete circuitry with toroid transformer, low heat design, DC servo and relay protection, auto on/off with DC trigger, adjustable audio sensing automatic on/off, gold plated RCA's, heavy duty gold 5-way speaker terminals, ground lift switch, rear mounted gain controls, 115/230v selectable on rear panel, 1 rack space, rack kit available, 10 year warranty - $500 MSRP - available in March
  • GRB
    • Dec 2004

Hey Brent. Certainly good news. I have been checking the Parasound website and have seen nothing about the new Classic gear. I am in the market for a new pre/pro and have been waiting to see / hear the 7100. So, are you a distributor / installer for Parasound or what? I am new to this forum and am not sure what your relationship to Parasound is. Whatever the case, I would be very interested in reading a review of the 7100. I am currently running a Pioneer Elite with an HCA 2205 and would like to replace the Pioneer with a pre/pro. Thanks.

Comment

• vaa
      • Aug 2004

Nice. Please let us know as soon as you can. I'm looking for a pre/pro too. I have a Marantz SR-19 with a HALO A52 as the amp. Can't wait to upgrade.

Comment

• bhuskins
        • Aug 2003

Hi GRB,

<STATEMENT CUT BY OWNER DUE TO PROMOTIONAL VALUE->

Parasound's website is being overhauled as we speak. I'm not totally sure when they will have the new gear listed with all of the manuals, etc. But I should have a copy of most of them very soon. When I get them I'll be happy to share all of the info. CUT AGAIN.

thanks,

Brent Huskins

Comment

• GRB
          • Dec 2004

Thanks Brent. I assumed you were a reseller, but I wasn't sure. Although I have been pleased with my Elite receiver, it has obvious limitations, including no 5.1 analog inputs. Therefore, no 5.1 SACD or DVD-A. So I am on the hunt. Let us know when you get the new gear. By the way, where are you in Ft. Worth? I lived there for three years.

Comment

• eduardw
            • May 2004

Brent do you know when they start shipping european moddels of the 7100?

Kind Regards
            Eduard Wijnands (the Netherlands)

Comment

• bhuskins
              • Aug 2003

Probably now.

The unit is likely self adjusting like the C1/C2 and can work anywhere with no modification. I'll confirm that when I get mine.

Brent Huskins

Comment

• eduardw
                • May 2004

Thanks Brent, I would like to get one asap .
                Does the pre have lip sync delay and a calibration option?

Comment

• GRB
                  • Dec 2004

Brent, I actually lived in Keller (northern suburb of Ft. Worth), but I know where you are talking about. We used to eat lunch occasionally at The Paris Coffee Shop downtown. Also loved Joe T. Garcia's. Pitchers of Margaritas on the patio! :T Sure miss the winters in TX. Little colder here in Maryland.
                  Last edited by GRB; 26 February 2005, 11:04 Saturday. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• bhuskins
                    • Aug 2003

Eduard I'll have to check on Monday. I would assume it has lip sync since they added it to the C2/C1 but I'm not sure on the calibration procedure just yet. (I sent you a PM as well)

I work in Keller all the time...nothing like Joe T's in the summer...

What part of Maryland? I did a Parasound Halo install in Salisbury not to long ago. It was a really nice theater.

Comment

• GRB
                      • Dec 2004

Mt. Airy, Md. About 30 minutes west of Columbia. Salisbury is out on the eastern shore. Really nice out there in the summer too. You don't happen to have any of the Classic stuff on hand do you? Specifically, an HCA 2205? I have a friend who has heard mine and is interested. If not, he may wait for the "new" classic model.

Comment

• bhuskins
                        • Aug 2003

No waiting necessary being that the 5125 and 5250 are out now. About the only thing I have left in the "old" classic line is a beat up HCA-1500 that fell out the back of my truck. No kidding...and it was unboxed. I should take a photo. It sure is a testament to Parasound that their amps can take a lick. It makes for a great garage amp now.

Any takers? It still works great!

Brent Huskins

Comment

• GRB
                          • Dec 2004

LMAO. I could imagine the look on your face when you realized what that thing flying out of your truck was. I will let my buddy know on the 5125 an 5250. His HT is really just a big screen and a dvd player in his family room so the 5125 would probably work for him. I am not sure what he is going to do for a pre/pro. Should I PM or e-mail you if he is interested? As for the 1500, I have an old Pioneer SA-9500II amp, an SG-9500 EQ and a TX-6500 tuner and some Boston Acoustics bookshelf speakers in my shop/garage, so I am all set.

Comment

• bhuskins
                            • Aug 2003

Anybody can always feel free to PM me with questions. I have to be careful here, being that it bends the rules of the forum to use it as a direct selling tool without being an advertiser.

Brent Huskins

Comment

• GRB
                              • Dec 2004

I undserstand. Thanks Brent.

Comment

• bhuskins
                                • Aug 2003

For those interested, I received a PDF copy of the Parasound 7100's user guide today. It's 70 or so pages and 3 MB. If anybody wants a copy I'll be happy to email it to them. It won't be posted on their site until they finish the redesign. Just send me a PM or email.

thanks,

Brent Huskins

Comment

• bhuskins
                                  • Aug 2003

TimGRA - I received your request for the 7100 manual but you didn't send me an email address. I figured you would want to know.

thanks,

Brent Huskins

Comment

• Savannah
                                    • Dec 2004

Can you email me a copy
                                    Thanks

Comment

• goldear
                                      • Aug 2003

I asked this on another thread but thought I'd try here since it's a little more active. Does anyone know if the 7100's video upconversion is actually done by a video processor/scaler...or is it simply transcoding? If the former, any news on the chip they're using? Thanks.
                                      Chris B

Comment

• Chetk
                                        • May 2004

Originally posted by bhuskins
                                        nothing like Joe T's in the summer...
                                        Yuck, I can't stand Joe T.'s You only get two choices and they don't take credit cards. Their fajita's really aren't that good and their service is horrible. You have to use their ATM that costs $5 just to use in order to pay with cash.

I did happen to have the next table over from Troy Aikman one time. That was cool.

Such a long wait for not-so-good food and service. Come down to Houston and I'll show you some real Mexican food.

ok..back on topic now.

Comment

• bhuskins
                                          • Aug 2003

It's definitely not the best food, but great atmosphere and margaritas

Definitely better Mexican food in DFW and Houston.

Brent Huskins

Comment

• nicholtl
                                            • Aug 2003

Try here in LA.

Comment

• Chetk
                                              • May 2004

Hey man, El Cholo ain't too bad. :wink:

What can I say, I know my Mexican food. :B :eating: 8x)

Comment

• nicholtl
                                                • Aug 2003

We got this place called Chanos right by school at USC...open till 4am...the best carne asada nachos and chilli cheese fries...perfect for those drunken munchies...

Comment

• GRB
                                                  • Dec 2004

Ambiance boys, ambiance. I agree not the best food, but what a place to hang out, drink margaritas and just watch the goregeous Dallas girls! :W
                                                  By the way Brent, thanks for the 7100 user's guide. Been reading it and making a list of questions. Have you gotten your demo rig yet?

Comment

• eduardw
                                                    • May 2004

Where are the first customer reviews?

Comment

• eduardw
                                                      • May 2004

I've recieved my parasound 7100 today and I'm very happy with it.
                                                      Thanks Brent.

Comment

• nicholtl
                                                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by eduardw
                                                        ...and I'm very happy with it.
                                                        How happy, scale of 1-10?

Comment

• eduardw
                                                          • May 2004

How happy am I, that difficult to say, I’ve only seen(listen) one dvd yet, the pre sounds great
                                                          Has got a lot more options then my old sony TA-E9000es. I will use the pre primarily for surround, got another set for stereo.

But for now on a scale of 1-10. I’m Happy and give the pre a 8.

Comment

• nicholtl
                                                            • Aug 2003

8's not bad! Not bad at all!

Comment

• Chris D
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Dec 2000

BTW, the Parasound website now shows the "New Classic" line of products with specifications sheets.
                                                              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                                              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                              Search Result for "|||"