yamaha 1400 receiver
    ROTEL 1095 :T
    jbl xti 80 and 20

so do i get the keffs or do i dump the 1400 and go for the 1098
    Last edited by i_amadeo; 10 May 2005, 23:34 Tuesday. Reason: stupid typo
    come into the light
  • rhoffman000
    • Sep 2004

Didn't your JBLs have bad drivers which were sending your Rotel into protect mode? Sounds like you should get the speakers first. Either way, the most dramatic increase in sound quality will come from upgrading your speakers, not your processor.

Comment

• booktrunk
      • Aug 2004

Go for some Kef speakers, not sure about these Keff speakers

Steff
      "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• i_amadeo
        • May 2005

ok keff it is ......thanks for the advice ..... now for the hard job gathering 4000 dollars......i will have my kefs ...
        but what is wrong with Keff speakers they are Refernce and they do cost 4000 ...they must be top gear ...
        come into the light

Comment

• bimmer528
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by i_amadeo
          but what is wrong with Keff speakers they are Refernce and they do cost 4000 ...they must be top gear ...

The biggest misconception of audio right there. Although generally the case.. the more you spend the more you get, simple fact of the matter is preferance. I havn't heard kef's in a long time but from what I remember, b&w's entry line sounded as good and 1/4 the cost other speaker companies's higher end stuff.

Comment

• booktrunk
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by i_amadeo
            ok keff it is ......thanks for the advice ..... now for the hard job gathering 4000 dollars......i will have my kefs ...
            I was making a joke.. Kef speakers are fine. Keff (misspelling) speakers i've never heard of

I've always been a B&W fan myself but my brother-out-of-law is a Kef fan. So it's swings and roundabouts. Remember the law of diminishing returns.. The more you spend the less "extra" you get for your money.

Steff
            "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• i_amadeo
              • May 2005

is it just fine or are they mind blowing .....model like speakers>....
              do tell i will be spending a shit load in the near future ....so if not kefs ....what

my first love is JBL speakers they have the Tik line witch costs as much and then some but i already have jbl bull shit speakers and want some change
              and in kuwait
              we have infinity
              jbl
              bose
              kef
              definitive
              paradigim
              ...i dont remember if i am missing somthing but those are pretty mutch what we have and we have top models of all the listed ...so what should i get with the above in mind
              come into the light

Comment

• i_amadeo
                • May 2005

your advise is greatly aprreciated
                come into the light

Comment

• booktrunk
                  • Aug 2004

given that range i'd probably stick with the Kefs, but you just have to listen and actually go with what your ears like, don't go with with what your eyes like, or what you think is a "trendy" brand. Just go with whatever sounds best with your 1095. I think you said you tried the Kef speakers and fell in love with them if so, then don't worry what anyone else things just go for it and get them

Steff

Comment

• i_amadeo
                    • May 2005

yah i know
                    come into the light

Comment

• Fishy
                      • Jul 2004

I have a set of Kef Q1's for my daily stereo, and PMC DB1's for my HT. Both are great performers, and wouldnt swap them. There would need to be a major improvement on the sound, which I have yet to hear from another make.

Fish

Comment

• NewBuyer
                        • Feb 2005

Kef speakers are one of the truly outstanding speaker lines out there. You cannot go wrong with Kef in my opinion. I would recommend that you buy the Kef speakers first, before the 1098.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                          • May 2005

kef ...what about
                          top of the line bose speakers ...reflective
                          come into the light

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                            • May 2004

I take that you haven't actually heard them, if you're asking all these opinions on each individual brand. Out of all those that you listed as availible in Kuwait, I'd pick the Bose mades ones last. Wow, they're reflective huh? They must be getting so much attention at the dealer's show room, must sound as good as they look. Sounds like one of the marketing schemes that Boses use on a regular basis to get attention. I'm not sure if Bose over there has as much of a mark up in price as they do here in US, if they do, forget it. I personally think that Bose speakers are overrated.
                            Did you get a chance to hear the Paradigms or Definitive? They're really popular over here in the US audio/video forums, be sure to have a listen. The problem is that you need to find a dealer that has a couple of different brand of electronics also so you can match up the flavor of electronics to your taste of speakers. Personally, I like B&Ws matched with Rotel's.
                            Good luck.

Comment

• Taito
                              • Sep 2004

If you're serious about sound, don't bother with bose. They just don't cut it when put up against 'real' speakers.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                • May 2005

thats tru they bose sound so artificial and good and satisfieng .....but they sont sound natural!!
                                i get what you mean
                                come into the light

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

top of the line bose speakers ...
                                  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry its just funny to see top of the line and bose in one sentence Bose is first and foremost a marketing company...and a damn fine one at that.

This link explains a lot about Bose.

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                    • May 2005

this is the pics of my dream speaker

the JBL tik........most probably this is what i will have for the rest of my life

the floor stands alone costs about 3500$

its a very lovely speaker if it wear a girl it would have my babies
                                    Attached Files
                                    come into the light

Comment

• Taito
                                      • Sep 2004

Amadeo, if you want to end up with the speakers that are right for you, you really have to stop judging a product on what it looks like and how much it costs. Anthing that fits within your budget is valid, but forget about looks. Listen to them with your eyes shut for a while.

Choose with your ears, not what you think will impress other people. Now, actually listen to them (and other, similarly priced speakers) and decide, based on listening, if they actually are your dream speakers. If they are, great. If not, keep looking (LISTENING)!

-Ben
                                      Last edited by Taito; 11 May 2005, 00:36 Wednesday. Reason: typo

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                        • May 2005

(lost ....search and rescue dog)....sorry i was just watching jay leno....time for headlines
                                        taito ...thanks
                                        come into the light

Comment

• booktrunk
                                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Taito
                                          Now, actually listen to them (and other, similarly priced speakers) and decide, based on listening, if they actually are your dream speakers. If they are, great. If not, keep looking (LISTENING)!

-Ben
                                          I agree with that totally except ... if I win the lottery big time. I would have to buy a pair of B&W Nautilus... the proper snails... I just couldn't resist might sound awful, but I think not I just feel them talking to me They cost about a years salary, so a bit to expensive to justify buying a pair, but I would buy them and the most powerful 140watt amps from NAIM (they like being understated), and the equally silly over powered big mono amps for Chord Electronics and have a play!!

Might not like it and end up selling it a week later but to be able to play with that at home...

Sorry, someone wake me up please.... nahh actually i'm having more fun in my day dream... leave me alone let me carry on pretending i'm not stuck in some crappy office waiting to see which computers decide they don't want to work today!!

ARRRRRRRRGH i'm going mad!!, ooops no i'm not i've gone mad!!

Steff

Comment

• i_amadeo
                                            • May 2005

nice to see a mutual love hate in the job and in speakers...i can totaly relate on going crazy too.
                                            come into the light

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"