X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ck_atlantic
    • Mar 2004

PIONEER VSX-AX3 or YAMAHA RX-V 1400 ???

PIONEER VSX-AX3 or YAMAHA RX-V 1400 ???
    I am upgrading from a YAMAHA RX-V 890. I am a home cinema fan but I want also to listen to good quality music. My speakers are B&W P6 and BOSE ACOUSTIMASS 5.
    I see that these models have almost the same price. I think that the Pioneer sounds better but the YAMAHA has more inputs like phono, component, etc. Also the YAMAHA decodes ProLogic IIx. Of cource these inputs are importand to me but more importand is the sound quality. What do you suggest?
    Thank you in advance.
    ck.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hello CK, welcome to The Guide! :later: I hope you decide to stay with us a while. . . .

I'm an admitted Yamaha fan (RX-V1 and CDR-S1000 owner) so take that into account. :B

One quick question before heading to work: Does the Yamaha have the YPAO module? This parametric room equalizer could be the deciding factor if it was me. Easy (automatic) room acoustic set-up and from what I hear, easy customization of the results if you want to "meddle".

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Gordon Moore
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Feb 2002

Does the Yamaha have the YPAO module?
      The quick answer is yes!

From what I've been reading, it works very well. The difference is noticeable according to most accounts.

Tough call.

Are you able to demo both units at home? That's the only true way too be sure how it's going to fit in with your current setup.

I know someone else who has the BOSE setup with an older Yammy receiver and it sounds not-so-bad for movies (the DSP's definitely make a difference), but a little hollow for 2-channel stuff.

"A RONSTER!"
      Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"