X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calli43
    • Dec 2004

wich front speakers with rotel RSx1056

HI there,

I am looking for new frontspeakers for Rotel RSX1056.
    Up to 2500$ a pair. The speakers I have in mind are
    B&W CM4 1400 euro
    B&W 704 2200 euro
    Dynaudio audience 72 about 1800 euro

Which off this speakers do you recommmend and why.
    Other suggestions are welcome.
    Ofcourse I am going to listen as well at my dealers shop as at home.

Further I am using a canton CD50 as center and Keff eggs as rear.
    Center will be updated in not too long time.

Looking forward to your advice,

Karel Unij
    Holland
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

what will you be using the speakers for mainly? HT, stereo, or multichannel music? Tell us a little bit more about

Comment

• Jraducha
      • Aug 2004

I would say go with the Dynaudios... They are a great product. Sound excellent. The sound is very natural and smooth. Good imaging speaker and makes a wide sound stage..

Comment

• calli43
        • Dec 2004

Hi,

what will you be using the speakers for mainly? HT, stereo, or multichannel music? Tell us a little bit more about

I will use the speakers for Stereo 50% HT 25% Multichannel music 25%.
        Further I like dynamic speakers.

karel

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Karel, I have to agree with Jason. Go with the Dynaudios. Amazing sound, plus you have a rather nice upgrade path.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• rick c
            • Aug 2004

I would'nt use dynaudio with the 1056 unless you add an amp.I was in the same boat a cpl of months ago cause wanted the dyns.I called rotel and they said definatly dont use 4ohm dyns w/rotel rsx1056 w/o an amp.I didnt have the budget for the spkrs and an amp so i guess i settled and got B&W 603s3 setup instead.Regardless i'm very happy with the B&W setup.

Comment

• Jraducha
              • Aug 2004

Just a little FYI. But Dynaudio uses many different amps when they are testing their speakers and have a close relationship with the guys at rotel. The rotel is a great amp if you are running 4ohm speakers.

If you are really nervous about running the 4ohm speakers on the rotel and like the sound of the dyns maybe you should look in to the Audience 122s. They are 6ohms.

Comment

• calli43
                • Dec 2004

Jraducha,

I am not nervous about running 4ohm speakers, because the MB-Quart QLC604 that I use now are also 4ohm. I asked Rotel once if connecting 4ohm speakers could give any problems. No they answered but they were preffering 8ohm.

greetings karel

Comment

• Jraducha
                  • Aug 2004

How do you like the sound of the MB-Quarts? I sell their car line and find them to be really bright.... I dont know anyone in the phx area that sells them and i would really like to get a listen...

Comment

• rick c
                    • Aug 2004

I originally was set on getting some dynaudios to add to my rotel rsx1056.Just to make sure i wouldnt have a problem w/4ohm i called rotel and was told do not do it.I then got the next on my list which was the 603s3.Needless to say i am now flustered after hearing you guys that i could of gotten the dyns w/o a problem.

Comment

• Jraducha
                      • Aug 2004

Sorry to hear that you dont get to enjoy the dyns on a daily basis. This forum is really a great tool to get advise and get the insite on new products and things that work with each other.... You still made a good choice with the 603s.

Comment

• rick c
                        • Aug 2004

yeah,i think so too.Just a little dissapointed that i didnt get my first choice because of what i was advised by rotel.

Comment

• Foxman
                          • Jan 2003

I would audition as many differant speakers as you are able to with the Rotel. B&W certainly seems like a popular combination as does Klipsch. Paradigm and Kef are both nice sounding speakers to me, but you might not like them.
                          IMO

My Movies
                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• calli43
                            • Dec 2004

Hi,

Today I listened 4 pair off speakers.

B&W cm4 To thin on my rotel, bass was almost not there. (on a camebridge receiver it sounded very good)

B&W 704 Sound was good but much to laid-back

Dynaudio audience 72 on rotel to laid back not dynamick enough for me.

B&W 703 this speakers enjoyed me very much. Good dynamics and the sound came off from the speakers. Overall sound very good i.m.o. But my goodness 3000euro a pair is quite a lot off money.

In some time my dealer will get a pair 2nd hand B&W 804 matrix speakers. Maybe that is the right the speaker for me.

In the meantime I will go on with the MB-quarts.
                            And comparing to what I heard today they are not that bad afterall.

Greetings Karel,

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"