X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle Brockschmidt
    • Aug 2003

1066 is making my sub thump

My 1066 is making my sub make a loud CHAPUNK when I switch video modes, when it changes dsp's and sound modes, and when I change the channel on the TV. I'm pretty sure it's the 1066, it must be sending a signal to my sub when I change channels etc. ANyone had this problem? Know how to fix it?

Thanks Kyle B.
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

While I don't have the thump when changing modes or sources. Mine has always caused my dual subs to thump if I turn my 1066 on or off and they haven't gone into standby mode yet. I have to make sure I turn the volume all the way down on the 1066 before turning it off or the thump is so loud you'd swear the whole house was going to fall apart.

I had contacted Rotel last year about the problem, but no one had ever heard of this problem before.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Legairre
      • Jan 2002

Sorry. Double post

Radden Home Theater
      Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Kyle,

Out of curiosity, what version of firmware do you have?

How new is the 1066 and is the problem new or one that's been going on since you first brought the 1066 into your system?

Does it occur all the time or, for instance, after the unit's been on a while.

Finally, have you done anything else different with your system since you first noticed the thumping sound?

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Read the FAQ thread and let us know what the firmware is on your machine. If its not the latest try installing that and see what happens.

Comment

• Kyle Brockschmidt
            • Aug 2003

My FW is v2.2.2, I only started getting the problem after owning it for around 5 months. I think it happened after the breaker blew a few times in a row. I don't see that messing it up though, it's attached to a good surge protector.

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

Your problem is perplexing. It's almost as if some electrical charge is building up only to be released when you switch sources. Do you hear anything coming from your other speakers that sound similar?

You might try Andrew's suggestion and upgrade your firmware, but something is odd here and somehow I do get the feeling it might be connected to the breaker problems. And, given that this happened around that time, you might see if you can borrow someone else's sub. I really am just grasping at straws here, but, at least, that would eliminate the possibility that the sub had the problem. Now, if you do hear something coming from all your speakers, I wouldn't go through this last step at all.

You might end up having to send it for service, which is unfortunate.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Are you using a cheater plug anywhere in the system? Why was the breaker tripping?

Comment

• Kyle Brockschmidt
                  • Aug 2003

Nothing is coming from the other speakers, I can try another sub, hopefully tommorow.

What's a cheater plug? one w/o the ground? if that's it mine is grounded. The breaker was blowing because I had my ampro 3300 projector on and my stereo on full blast at the same time, circuit cannot handle both :cry:

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

Good luck Kyle.

You're right about what a cheater plug is. I really think it's probably your electronics as opposed to your sub, but you might as well do the test to narrow down the field.

Crossing our fingers for you.

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"