X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkaplan
    • Mar 2004

Thump? Arghhh!

Hello all,
    It's been a year since I've lasted posted, for i have been very happy with my 1066. Although just about a week ago, somewhere in the system, I started getting a noticeable "Thump or Double Thump" for every thing i do... Changing tracks on a cd... changing inputs....turning the volume down to '0' (thumps when you pass from 1-0 or 0-1)... even when i turn the sytem off...
    I'm running a 1066 Pre, 1075 and 1050 Amps all exactly 1 year old.. This whole thing is not critical (unless symptomatic of a larger problem) just annoying....
    Thanks in advance for your help
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

wkaplan,

Sounds nasty. I had this same type of thing once on my old (much loved) stereo set-up and it turned out to be a power supply / earthing issue in the unit requiring repair (capacitors or something). Given that it is on nearly everything you do on the RSP-1066 it is hard to see it being just sticky relays etc). If you haven't changed your power / added a new device to your HT recently - then I'd be taking the RSP-1066 into the dealer, plugging it in and trying it out for thumps - if it still thumps there - then time for repair... (maybe a loan RSP-1068

Geoff

Comment

• wkaplan
      • Mar 2004

Thanks Geoff, No nothing has changed in my setup at all... I tried pluging it directly into the wall instead of the power conditioner but i get the same thing. I was hoping I wouldn't to take it in..., but oh well, your idea of the service loaner doesn't sound too bad.
      Thanks for your help

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

...but oh well, your idea of the service loaner doesn't sound too bad.
        Oh I don't know about that...if they loaned you a 1098 it'd be really hard to return it

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"