X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALS
    • Aug 2004

Klipsch RF3 & Rotel RB991

Dear Freinds,

What's your opinion on Klipsch RF3 & Rotel RB991 power + RC1070 pre. Source as NAD 541i. I found the sound from above combo is bright & loud & not very balanced. My feeling is RB991 may be too much power (200rms/ch) for RF3s, since it's a high efficiency speaker with 98db sensitivity. I tried diff ICs & speaker cables, but still that loudness/brightness couldn't be controlled. Any suggestion on matching the RF3s. I don't want to swap my RF3s, since it does an excellent job in my HT set up with Onkyo THX 787 receiver. Pl guide on above

rgds
    als
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Room acoustics, placement, and distance from these make a very noticable difference. I have mine in a room that is carpeted, about 8' of seperation between them, and about 8' from the sweet spot (seating) with a little bit of toe in on them. Tone controls (contour) on my 1068 are flat, and I use a Dennon for cd player. I know my Philips DVDR used as a player tends to brighten them up a bit. What (db) volume level do you listen to them at? I had used an RC-1070 for a couple of months, with a RMB-1075 mind you, butt, I would not think these two amps are that "tonally" different. I loved the combination for 2 channel. I now use an RB-1070 for them, and the 1075 runs the center, surrounds, and rear centers all of wich are "horn" loaded and can listen all day long without fatigue. As far as power these things are capable of 225 nominally (all day long). I listen to a variety of music, and once they are dialed in, I think you would be hard pressed to find better for the price point. Email me if I can assist with pics or anything. Good to see another Klipsch(ian). Bob.
    P.S. Jerry R. has quite a bit of knowledge on Klipsch across the board, has owned many, I believe still does, and could help you with the pro's and con's when setting them up as well

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"