X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickyboy
    • Jan 2003

rb985+rb991 would these match

hi all having done a bit of "reasearch into older rotel power amps"
    will soon recieve rb 985 5 channel amp, and was in the future thinking of buying rb 1080 to power front channels for av/sterio duties,
    have know noticed there is older models avaliable ie rb991 (200watts) is this a 2 chann or 3 chann power amp as web site i saw this on does not state which,

would the combo of rb985+rb991 be better than rb985+rb1080,
    with possible rotel 1066 processer at later date (use 3802 in the meantime) thanks all
  • ranzigepad
    • Jan 2003

yes. these amps would match. the rb-991 is a 2 chan. amp. the rm-993 is the 3 chan model

Comment

• Jonesy
      • Feb 2003

I can't say if the two match or not, but I've had my used 991 for a few weeks now and it's fantastic. It's 200wx2, can't be bridged, but does have XLR inputs (which I don't use-but is nice to have). It's squeezing everything my Infinity IL30's are capable of, which means I'll need to upgrade those soon. :LOL:

I'm new to separates , but it seems to me that this is a great deal at around $600 on the used market.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"