X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ds22030
    • Sep 2004

Q re Pre-amp sections of RA1062 and RC1070

I am disassembling my HT system and going back to a receiver for HT. I am using the various components (including my main speakers and RB-1080) for a separate 2-channel music system....this means I need a good 2 channel pre-amp.

Does anyone know if the pre-amp sections of RA1062 and RC1070 are the same and if not, how are they different? RA1062 has received good reviews as a solid, nice sounding integrated. On the other hand, RC1070 has received mixed reviews, some saying it sounds good, others saying it is mediocre or downright bad. My thought is picking up the integrated RA1062, and using it as a preamp and a zone 2 amp.....What do you think? Also, anyone know about the preamps sections of 1062 vs 1060 which is the older model?

Anyone? Also, what is the story with the sorry 2ch offering by Rotel? Just one preamp model..which has gotten mixed reviews?

Sorry for all the questions but need some advice. Thanks in advance.
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by ds22030

Anyone? Also, what is the story with the sorry 2ch offering by Rotel? Just one preamp model..which has gotten mixed reviews?
    A sad commentary indeed. I've heard rumors Rotel is working on a new 2 ch pre to replace the RC-1090. I hope it's true as there is a big hole in their 2 ch offerings. I gies they are focusing efforts on what sells and I'm sure the average Joe wants HT versus stereo. And in all fairness the Rotel, receivers do a good enough job for music.

I too have decide that for movies I will stick with my Rotel receiver and focus on upgrading the electronics for 2 ch music. I think that will give me more bang for the buck considering I listen to music about 80% of the time.

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

I upgraded my RC-1070 to the RC-1090. For the $500 difference I did not hear much improvement. For the money the RC-1070 is a great pre - some professional reviewers have stated the phono section with it is worth the price alone.

Comment

• ds22030
        • Sep 2004

Miner, that really is interesting perspective. So you didnt notice much difference at all? People rave about the RC1090 whereas RC1070 is pretty much all over the map....

Anyone have thoughts on the pre-amp section of the RA1062?

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

Not as much as I was expecting from reviews I read here. The soundstage was a bit more centered, bass a bit tighter. I was expecting a night & day difference - I did not experience that. I say I do miss the contour control feature of the 1070. The phono stage of the RC-1090 accepts both MM & MC, a definite plus.

Comment

• ds22030
            • Sep 2004

Hmmmm....may be I should reconsider RC-1070 as a stronger candidate over the RA-1062?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"