Rotel Warehouse problems - Older equipment being sent out.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProStereo
    • Nov 2004

Rotel Warehouse problems - Older equipment being sent out.

What is up with Rotel? We are getting older production models
    in, that are much older serial numbers and production run.
    The RC-1090 is even older with older remote RR-969, with the
    well known buzz transformer problem in these earlier
    production run.

I've contacted our Rotel Rep and he has absolutely no answers
    to the situation and is clueless to what is going on.
    I've contacted Rotel many, many times and have yet to get
    an answer to this. They have choosen to ignor us.

Problem is, our customers are upset they have these
    transformer buzz problems and that they didn't get the
    newer remote controls.

Makes you really wonder what is going on over there!
    Are they having warehouse rotation problems, not properly
    rotating to make sure older doesn't get stuck behind? :roll:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I might be able to find out but I'd need to know where in the world you are located

Comment

• ProStereo
      • Nov 2004

Pacific NorthWest Region

Oregon

Comment

• MoonSpin
        • Jan 2005

I got an older RC-1090 with the buzz problem!!!

I just recently bought a Rotel complete system and yep I got an older Rotel
        RC-1090 with the older remote. The old remote RR-969 came with it as well
        as that infamous transformer buzz
        I talked to the dealer about my problem and they said it was a really funky
        thing Rotel was doing and didn't know why and that he would email their
        Rep Guy. I called Rotel tech support about the problem and they apologized
        that I got an older model and that they would send a new one. I waited
        two weeks and got the new one in. Plugged it in, still buzz problem and
        old model with old remote. I contacted tech support again, this time they
        promised I would get the latest serial number RC-1090 with the new remote
        RR-1050. I waited and no RC-1090, so I called tech support and they like
        totally forgot about me. They didn't send it, I had to go through every
        thing all over again. They said they were going to order a RC-1090 from
        the warehouse to ship to them, they would check it out to make sure it didn't
        have the buzz problem and then send it to me. I waited and got the RC-1090
        in and I was disappointed that it was still another older RC-1090 with older
        remote RR-969, but the buzz was finally gone! They repaired the older model
        at tech support to get rid of the buzz. I was happy the buzz was fixed but
        not happy that Rotel tech support didn't keep their promise of sending me a
        new RC-1090 with new remote RR-1050. I complained to Rotel tech support
        about it but they never have gotten back to me after several times of trying
        to get them to tell me why it happened or who I needed to contact at Rotel.
        It's great they fixed the problem, but I can't say I'm 100% satisfied when I
        was supposed to have a brand new unit with new remote, and the fact that
        tech support didn't completely follow through what they had promised! I paid
        for a new RC-1090! Maybe Andrew can find out what's going on cause I never did!

Comment

• GosonFletchy
          • May 2004

Originally posted by MoonSpin
          It's great they fixed the problem, but I can't say I'm 100% satisfied when I
          was supposed to have a brand new unit with new remote, and the fact that
          tech support didn't completely follow through what they had promised! I paid
          for a new RC-1090! Maybe Andrew can find out what's going on cause I never did!
          You got a unit that was pre-owned? The real question here is was the unit pre-owned or was it new? I do not think that it is reasonable for ANYONE!!!!!!!!! to demand a unit that was manufactured yesterday, or whenever you think that new is. You got a new RC-1090 from the sound of it. Maybe you wanted the RR-1050 instead of the RR-969. If that is the case then talk to your dealer and see if they can exchange your RR-969 for a RR-1050 since it is new.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I just got word from Rotel and they're a little baffled by this as 1) Rotel doesn't have reps any more as all dealers can contact Rotel directly and 2) Rotel hasn't sold the 1090 with that remote in nearly 3 years! Something very strange is going on here! Prostereo if you're a dealer you should be able to contact Rotel directly and get the answers you're looking for.

Comment

• Elvis
              • Jan 2005

New sure ain't three years old.If I got an old unit (yesterday built not withstanding)it would go back very fast.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

ProStereo I'm sending you an email to the account you used to sign up here with on who you should contact at Rotel to help sort this out. They're very interested to hear what you have to say.

Comment

• MoonSpin
                  • Jan 2005

I bought brand new, not used.

I bought this from the dealer who had to order it direct from Rotel and was sent by Equity International, Rotel's dist. The unit is supposed to be new but
                  it has much older serial number and old remote RR-969. The remote isn't that
                  big of an issue, as is why I'm getting a 3 year old product. I never demanded
                  a yesterday's production model, nor did tech support guy mean yesterday, you are misunderstanding what he meant "GosonFletchy". He said latest serial number after the second Rotel RC-1090 they sent me was an old model again with the buzz problem, to try and get them to send me a newer model with the recent remote RR-1050. If I had gotten a more recent production model, I would have never had the buzz situation to deal with. You must understand that no one wants a 3 year old production model. I'm hoping Rotel isn't sending out B-Stock now to get rid of the older models? A family member bought a Rotel RC-1090 over 6 months ago and his has a much newer serial number and the RR-1050 remote. When I told the tech support guy this, he agreed that it was an older model and he didn't know why I got one when I gave him the serial numbers. He also admitted the buzz problem with those earlier models, and
                  I've read about that problem on the internet too. So that is why he was going to send me a newer model which I should have gotten in the first place, being that it should have been in a 6 to 8 month production time, I mean we have to give warehouse time and dealer time, sure! I don't think I'm being un-reasonable with wanting a recent RC-1090 model and not a 3 year old one.

Rotel tried 3 times to replace this unit and all three were old models, so
                  there is a problems some where. I've tried to find out why this strange thing
                  is happening and Rotel has been no help, as they don't even respond back to me about this problem so tech support is well informed about it from me. They ignor my emails on the matter, not wanting to tell me why the older model problem. I think it's time for me to get very demanding and call Rotel on the phone and demand to talk to some one there other than tech support to get this answered for myself. I don't feel comfortable at all getting a 3 year old product when I purchased brand new and it came direct from Rotel's distribution. I don't think you would either! And you must understand "GosonFletch", I never demanded anything from Rotel, they were trying to resolve the problem and told me, not I told them!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Siam why did you register with two different user accounts? From this post I thought MoonSpin and ProStereo were two different people. Please pick one account and let us know which you want to merge into the other as its too confusing having multiple accounts assigned to one person

Comment

• Mark_C.
                      • Jan 2003

I'm sorry, but this thread is a fraud. This person may have a legitimate problem with Rotel, but to start a thread under one identity and then add to it under another is just too much. My suggestion: ask your dealer for an updated remote, appreciate your equipment and stop whining.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
                        • May 2004

The entire thing seems fishy. Maybe they had older stock, which is still new by the way, that was being sent from the warehouse but you got a working unit now. They did what they had to do to help you out and you are still complaining. Posting from two different accounts really makes it look worse on your part. I got your private message also. I did not misunderstand anything. I would not expect Rotel to throw away a new unit just because it has been in the warehouse for 1 or 2 years. It is still new and they still back it with a full warranty from the date that you purchase it. That is all that matters to me.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Azeke
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003

Tell me it isn't so.

Azeke

Comment

• PewterTA
                            • Nov 2004

I feel bad to the people that are having this happen (providing it's really happening), but I wonder why it's only seemingly with one line of products? I received my RSP-1098 (RR-1050), RB-1095, RB-1080, RT-1080 all brand spankin' new just about a month ago...I contacted rotel and all my stuff was only built a matter of a month before I bought it. I thought that was pretty cool.

What would make a warehouse (distribution center) ship out three year old products? I mean I don't expect yesterday's produced unit. But I would think I'd like to get it within the last couple months (being 3 - 6 months). Why would they be shipping out three year old stuff?!?

...More importantly, WHY would a company over estimate itself and STILL have stock of something three years old...that's GROSSLY over estimating how well something would sell...

Seems odd.

Not to say it isn't happening.
                            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                            -Dan

Comment

• mitch57
                              • Nov 2004

When I bought my RMB-1095 several months ago the tech support department told me they don't even make that amp any longer. They are just selling what's left in stock at various warehouses.

What's up with that?
                              Mitch
                              :stupidpc:

Comment

• Mark_C.
                                • Jan 2003

I'll tell you what's up with that. If you haven't noticed, there are several new amps on the horizon for Rotel. The big splash this year will be the new digital amps. Could be that the 1095 and 1075 etc. have reached the end of their product cycle.

Comment

• MoonSpin
                                  • Jan 2005

My thanks goes out to Rotel

Thank You Rotel, and thanks every one for your help here.

Yes, Rotel fixed the main problem I was having! So YES, Rotel did there
                                  part on solving that issue for me and I'm grateful for that. I do not
                                  fault Rotel at all in that respect! Rotel lived up to their reputation
                                  there.

You can call it whining if you like "Mark C" but I was trying to get
                                  Rotel to give me some answers on this strange thing that happened.

I do want every one here to understand that I bought quite a lot of
                                  Rotel pieces and all came in most recent versions, only one piece didn't
                                  and that was the RC-1090. I understand things can happen beyond contorl
                                  in a warehouse such as proper rotation to avoid new before older.

I've talked with Rotel on the phone and every thing has been resolved
                                  with this issue. I am very happy with all my Rotel equipment and I still
                                  feel this way and still would have done nothing different on my choice
                                  for Rotel.

Rotel has taken care of this issue for me so I am very happy about that.

Thanks to those who were polite and kind about this with me!

Thanks Rotel !

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

Good to hear that things have been cleared up :T

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"