X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • froggi3
    • Apr 2005

Problems with the LG DV7832NXC through component

Just purchased the LG DV7832NXC and cannot get it to work through component output! The screen is black and white, out of focus, and seems to be broken up into 4 sections(a faint cross is though the middle of the screen). I've tried the firware update but get the same problem.

No problems through s-video, but I purchased it for component upconverting, am I doing something wrong, or is the player screwed? I have tried 2 other older dvd players through component just to be sure and they work fine. I purchased it at Best Buy and they had 1 left, $50.00 bucks says that when I return for exchange tomorrow, it'll be gone.

Any fixes, hints, help??

Thanks.
  • m_bathke
    • Mar 2005

BestBuy services what it sells, so if the unit is still under manufactuer warrenty, take it back and they will get it fixed or exchange it for a new one.

Comment

• mvoorberg
      • Feb 2005

froggi3, please keep us posted. I was just about to buy one of these for the upconversion over component and am having some serious doubts about it. I am a bit of a tweaker, but love the fact that my current DVD non-progressive player just plain works. I've never had problems with it and it plays everything I've ever put in it.
      I would be feeding it into a PB6210 FP and have no idea what to expect with respect to PQ improvements over my current player. Would I see a difference in smoothness or does the projector already do progressive scanning when it paints the picture?

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Well, I have one of the Zenith versions, the DVB318, and it's always worked fine. Double check your cable connections for the luminance and color difference signals.

What display are you trying to use?

I used mine with an NEC CRT projector, which means I had to use a component to RGBHV transcoder; but I've also tested it into a Sony VPL-W10HT without any problems, as well as an NEC XM29+ presentation monitor.

~Jon
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• DeanP
          • May 2004

froggi3:
          Unless you have a progressive scan tv, component will not work, only thru s-video only.
          I myself have one of these LGs but I can't use component until I purchase the progressive tv... :cry:

Comment

• hidefdvd
            • Jan 2005

WHat TV do you use in your setup? As DeanP said unless its a progressive set it won't work. Also is it a HD setup, able to take a 760p or 1080i signal?Another thing to look at is the resolution setting on the DVD player itself. Maybe you have it set too 760p when it should be 1080i or the other way around.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
              Former Moderator
              • Jan 2002

There are TVs with component video input that cannot accept progressive scanning. However, the DVD player can output signals through Component video without turning on the progressive scan feature. Therefore, froggi3 your DVD player may have (1) A switch at the back of the unit that needs to be toddled between S-vdeo (same for composite yellow video) OR Component video y Pb Pr and (2) as mentioned above that you may need to access the menu and choose the right signal output. Make sure the component cable colours are matched properly. Start by turning the Proggresive scan OFF first. BTW. Progressive scan switching may also be a button on the remote marked I/p :idea: (for interlace or progressive).
              CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"