X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeHard
    • Jan 2004

Help with component video and 1066

I want to connect a dvd player, Xbox, and cable box to my Pioneer tv using component video . The tv has two component ins. I hooked the cable box directly to component input 1 on the tv, and and the component out of the 1066 to the tv's component input 2. Then I connected the Xbox and dvd player to the 1066 component in's. My hope was to use the 1066 to switch the video between the Xbox and dvd but I was unable to get a video signal from either source. I unhooked the dvd and ran it directly to the component input 2 on the tv and got a picture, but when I reconnected to the 1066 and tried again, still no luck. What did I do wrong Thanks
  • dermie999
    • Jul 2004

I assume that you setup the 1066 with the correct imputs and that you select that input correctly?

Trevor

Comment

• JoeHard
      • Jan 2004

Yes, I selected video input 2 on the Tv. I was able to able to get audio, but no video. Thanks

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

I don't have a 1066...but is there a way to assign different video inputs or a way to activate the component inputs? i.e. turn them on/off?

Recheck your connections, make sure your in is in and outs are outs...

Comment

• dermie999
          • Jul 2004

This is really hard not being able to see anything but can you check your input setup and ensure the correct video input is assigned to the correct input selector on your remote.

Trevor

Comment

• JoeHard
            • Jan 2004

I connected the Xbox to the component imput 1 and the dvd player to the component in 2. I connected the component out to the video 2 in on the TV. I tried to select the video 1 and 2 on the Rotel using both the remote and the push buttons on the front of the unit, no luck. I changed to the correct input on the tv and verified by running the dvd direct and getting video, I can't find anything in the manual about inabling the component video. I'm about to give up and just use s-video for the Xbox. I appreciate all help.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"