X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattstacey
    • Oct 2003

Rotel 1066 component video setup problem

Hi guys,

I just replaced my Denon 3802 with a Rotel 1066 yesterday, hooked up to a Rotel 1075 amp. I haven't had much of a chance to listen to it yet but so far it sounds awesome.

I have a problem with my video connections though. I had no problems with the Denon 3802 so it's really annoying me.

1066 video set-up:

Video 1 input:
    - Component 1 - from DVD player
    - S-Video 1 - from DVD player
    Video 2 input:
    - Component 2 - from STB
    Video 3 input:
    - S-Video 3 - from XBOX
    Video 4 input
    - Composite 4 - from VCR

Monitor Out:
    - Component to scart cable on TV AV3
    [Problem 1 - No image on AV3]
    - S-Video to S-Video/composite to scart cable on TV AV1
    [Perfect image if composite monitor out disconnected]
    - Composite to S-Video/composite to scart cable on TV AV1
    [Problem 2 - Distorted and scrolling image on Video 3/4 if connected]

Problem 1:
    -------------
    I'm trying to connect a DVD player and STB via component to a Loewe Xelos tv via a component to scart cable. I have the DVD player connected to the 1006 on component 1 and the STB on component 2. On the component monitor out I have the component to scart cable hooked up to AV3 on the TV (as I did on the Denon with no problems) . With this setup I get no picture at all on my TV.

The connection to the TV works fine (YuB sync on Y) if I bypass the 1066 and connect either input (either the DVD player or STB) to the TV.

From the DVD player to the 1066 I also have a S-video cable hooked up to S-video in 1. This works no problem on the TV. The S-Video monitor out is hooked up to AV1 on the TV.

Problem 2:
    ------------
    I have a VCR hooked up on composite video-in 4 and the composite monitor out also hooked up to AV1 on my TV. If I connect the composite monitor out I get major interference and a scrolling image on AV1. Both the composite image or s-video image on AV1 is unwatchable. Disconnecting the composite minotor out restores the perfect s-video image.

Can anyone help....

Matt Stacey
    Matt Stacey
  • mattstacey
    • Oct 2003

I ended up taking the unit back to the dealer and swapping it over for another 1066.

This time the component connections worked like a treat. The only difference between the units was the firmware. My original was 2.2.4 whilst the current one is 2.2.5.

So I'm not sure if the original unit was a dud or whether Rotel made some changes to the compoent processing in firmware 2.2.5. Either way I'm happy now.

However my original problem 2 is still occuring. It seems that if a s-video and composite siginal is connected to the same AV input (I have an SCART adaptor that takes both a s-video and composite signal and auto switches depending on the input signal received) on my Lowe TV I get interferance.

This never used to happen with the Denon so I can only assume the signal is different from the Denon.

This is not a big deal because the only composite source I have is the VCR. For now I will connect this directly to my AV2 scart connector.

Matt Stacey
    Matt Stacey

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Perhaps something to do with the on-screen-display? The Rotel might send sync out on composite when something is connected to an input (regardless of whether that input is selected) ??

I think your first 1066 just had a bad component section though..

Good luck!

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"