X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aramb
    • Apr 2003

Video OUT connections on RSP 1066

I have the Rotel 1066 processor and have a question regarding hooking it up.

According to the manual, the Component Inputs on the processor cannot be assigned, so I have connected Component 1 input to my DVD player and the Component 2 input to my HDTV cable box.

The manual also states that for recording onto a VCR, there are only three video outputs on the 1066. I have connected one VCR up to Video 3 Input/Output. Now the problem is that I also have an 8mm VCR and am getting a DVD recorder. In order to provide video input into these machines, can I use the Video 1 and 2 OUTPUTs on the 1066 for my additional VCRs even though the Video 1 and 2 INPUTS are being used for DVD and HDTV respectively?

Thanks.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I wouldn't think so but I I only have a VCR to contend with for recording video and it gets a direct feed from the DSS receiver (composite) so i by pass the pre amp all together as far as video outs go.

Comment

• audunth
      • Sep 2003

On my RSX972, i use the video 1-3 outputs as extra monitor outputs, and they output the signal from the source selected as rec source independently of what is connected on the video 1-3 inputs, so I would say yes, it should work fine. I would think the same goes for the video 1-3 audio outputs.

I don't think the RSP1066 is any different from the RSX972 in this matter. I just bought an RSX1055, but I haven't hooked it up yet, so I couldn't tell you for sure yet.

Just try, I don't think you can fry anything

-Audun

Regards,
      Audun
      Regards,
      Audun

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"