X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Brian I have always your pictures with the 803D but the tjis great 802Di...
    another history..... :T

I'm really curious to know how you are with the 803D as the rear!

(for me) does not pay to watch a movie that choice ... much better than the 805S ....
    for SACD, but you use the Oppo'm not quite sure ..(with all respect for Oppo!)
    personally watch a movie with the 803D as the rear is a disappointment ....

I believe that you had "to redo the set" of speakers SSP800 levels to guide the 802DI ... Sound between D and DI is too much differnt and in a HT system is more udible...

p.f. let me know if the SACD with the 803D as rear gives you satisfaction.

A+
    Omar

Yes Apple try and windows no more!!!! :T

Comment

• pazu
      • Nov 2009

Garak, I just say... OH-MY-GOD!

;x( ....:B :T

Comment

• garak
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ray5
        Nice. I like your component stand, What is it?
        Ray
        Thanks. It's a Bassocontinuo Ghironda S. http://www.bassocontinuo.it/e_gh_s.html They were recommended to me by style (Omar).
        Originally posted by wettou
        Magnificent, love the rack to.

Here is my upgrade list for the holidays budget permitting :T

- Three 802Di
        - Three Classé CAM-600

I will move my 802D to the back to have a total of six 802D and Di :B

But first I need to sell my 802, 803 and HTM1
        Thanks. That will be a killer system once you get it all together.
        Originally posted by ShadowZA
        Faaaaan-tastic! :T
        Originally posted by RebelMan
        Awesome pics garak! Thanks for taking the time.
        Originally posted by pazu
        Garak, I just say... OH-MY-GOD!

;x( ....:B :T
        Thanks Shadow, RebelMan and pazu!
        Originally posted by style
        Brian I have always your pictures with the 803D but the tjis great 802Di...
        another history..... :T

I'm really curious to know how you are with the 803D as the rear!

(for me) does not pay to watch a movie that choice ... much better than the 805S ....
        for SACD, but you use the Oppo'm not quite sure ..(with all respect for Oppo!)
        personally watch a movie with the 803D as the rear is a disappointment ....

I believe that you had "to redo the set" of speakers SSP800 levels to guide the 802DI ... Sound between D and DI is too much differnt and in a HT system is more udible...

p.f. let me know if the SACD with the 803D as rear gives you satisfaction.

A+
        Omar

Yes Apple try and windows no more!!!! :T
        Hi Omar,

I have re-calibrated the levels with the 802Di.

As far as the 803D as rears, I am happy with them for SACD. However, I supposed it depends on how the SACD you listen to are mixed. For me, the SACDs I listen to only use the rears to provide ambient sound, and are not used to produce the primary sound. So are the 803Ds overkill for this, probably. :B If I were building a system from scratch today, I'd probably get 804Di for surrounds, but since I own the 803Ds, I don't see any reason to change them.

As for the Oppo, just use it as a transport, and it will work just fine with the SSP-800.

How about some pictures of your setup with the 803Di? :W

Brian

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Only for Brian... :W

A picture with the 803D, DI and the 805S.....

and the CLASSE...(and a lot of confusion.... ops: ) - Spectral rack with sand inside...

is a simply Nikon Coolpix8000....
          Is OK Brian....normaly is all much more "clean, but the 803DI ws just arrived and :conveyer: ..

this set was ca. 5 month ago....

greetings Style

Comment

• garak
            • Jul 2007

Beautiful setup Style!

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

thanks Brian.

the 802Di are very great but before I like listen in my room...
              another "solution" was the sell the htm2D and go with a 4.0 (or 4.1) system with a 802DI as main speaker...but I like watch movie and convert an a center
              speaker is not a extra....
              with the 802DI i think that your great DD18 is set at minimun level - or?
              with the 803DI the xover is enough 50hz....with the 2DI at 40 you have enough!! before I had may sub at 70-80 but is too much...after a visit from my friend from Classe we made pairs of listing.-test and the corrct xover is 50hz.

The Oppo is a perfect machine, a very killer for the "Big bluray/all in one" from $.5k. or more = Denon/Marantz!!!
              to charge a movie (ex: Pirates of the Caribbean 1 with the Oppo 42sec. ca sec., with a denon A1UD is more from 1 min and 30 sec. . !!)

Ok, the ud9004_A1UD is great, massive, gold every where, a lot of input connection,design, nice box, remote control ,........ ????? a lot of input never used, a lot of bugs in the soft, a lot of money the have a "all in one" that in the 50% is a "second player or the consuner have a second player.."!!!!! :E :E :E

Brian you have a cdp102 and to listen a Sacd you need the Oppo! ....
              in Switzerland the Oppo 83SE is around chf. 1650.- (change in $$$ and say WOW) is very expensive vs. the Usa market...
              in every case the Oppo or other 2D player are the Top: the 3D is only a big phantom..I don't can imagine a 3D at home. if I will see a movie i 3D I go near my home to the "Cinema"...(bt like every HT fans wenn ou placed in you "sofa or armchair" in pole position with a beer on the table, on the other side a window that shows you rain and wind 8O :roll: ops:
              3D is already forgotten! :B

all the best Style

Comment

• garak
                • Jul 2007

Hi style,

Thanks for the suggestion for the sub crossover. I currently have it at 60, but I will try other settings.

I agree the Oppo is a great blu-ray player, and just an excellent all around transport. I really like that it can convert DSD to PCM so the SSP-800 can be used as the DAC for multi-channel music.

As far as the CDP-102, and the Oppo, I do use the Oppo for SACDs, and only use the CDP-102 for CDs. Personally, with the SSP-800 I believe all you really need are digital transports, so actually the CDP-102 is kind of redundant in my setup. I do have the CDP-102 connected to the SSP-800 through both digital and balanced connections, so I can use the CDP-102 as the DAC, but really, the SSP-800 does the job just fine.

Part of the reason why I bought the CDP-102 is that I thought I would one day build a 2-channel setup for my office. However, now that Classé is releasing the CP-800, which is essentially a digital 2-channel processor, the CDP-102 might not be necessary for that either. :huh: But, in any case, it's kind of nice to have a delta series component as a source component, so you can have a complete Classé chain from source to amp.

Cheers,
                Brian

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Brian,

Congratulations on your new speakers. Great looking system and I'm sure it sounds wonderful! :T

Comment

• garak
                    • Jul 2007

Thanks Beden. I'm really happy with the 802Di so far. BTW, have you received your 804Di yet?

Comment

• RebelMan
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

WOW! Omar is stylen and profiling! Nice setup Omar. :T
                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Thank you Rebelman & Brian!

I'm happy that is not only a nic setup for myself

Have a complete Classé system, pre, amplifier & cdplayer is very nice not only for the eyes but (much important) to be listen (for the ears)

Rebelman little question: a extra "Spectral" rack side from the existing
                        should not be bad (those of the same glass black / brown legs and striking stainless steel.. - in place of another rack very differrent that don't match with what is present inthe room)
                        to put a cd player and a turntable or mostly with Wadia 170i Itouch ....) wil be a good idea or?

thx Style

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by style
                          Rebelman little question: a extra "Spectral" rack side from the existing should not be bad (those of the same glass black / brown legs and striking stainless steel.. - in place of another rack very differrent that don't match with what is present inthe room)
                          to put a cd player and a turntable or mostly with Wadia 170i Itouch ....) wil be a good idea or?
                          If the secondary Spectral rack were half the width of the existing, you could sandwich it between the main rack and the right 803D2 to free up your sub from rack duties and create symmetry between the LR speakers.

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

well the "2°" Spectral will be placed at the place fromthe sub

on the top a cd player or a turntable... this rack will be the half from the other Spectral and I think is better buy the same high level...

the "old" 803D is no more in this position = a biggr rack with ll the "gears inside" and create a simmetry between the LR speaker, Kuro 60" and Center B&W.

purchase a higher rack can be useful (maybe!) but does not create a good visual effect ... symmetry is not as good as with same height
                            (And it would be inconvenient to center the htm2D....)

Comment

• RebelMan
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

Of course, stick with the same high. Where will the sub go if the rack supplants it? I presumed you would keep the sub there to the left of the main rack and put the new rack on the right. If the sub is out of the picture (literally) then both racks (treated as if they were one cluster) could be centered under the PDP. This would preserve the same (symmetrical) space on either side the the speakers. Only the rack cluster would seem off (symmetrically) with respect to the PDP. But as a whole it would be passable visually I think.

Comment

• garak
                                • Jul 2007

Or you could go with a Ghironda A

Comment

• RebelMan
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2005

Never seen that before. Slick.

Comment

• style
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Feb 2006

yes Rebelman...at first I think to place the new rack at the sub place and the sub placed to the other side ...so on the corner obnly the speaker without sub nd to the right the sub lus the 803DI.....from the 803DI on the left side to the wall I have other 5/ 5 and hal meters...
                                    = the sub in the corner is to much?!? on the left have air the sound very open with the speaker....

The BassoContinuo from Garak is very great. But is very expensive too.
                                    a rack like the pictures is around at Chf. 6000.- 8O = $. 5500???

go see....http://www.bassocontinuo.it/eng.html
                                    but this other Brand is very good too.meybe have a steel with a quality better from the Bassocontinuo...not so sponsored, not so expensive but at the top "handmade":

see the great job made between every "support" from he f1 technicum.... :T

style

Comment

• Rod#S
                                      • Oct 2010

Excellent pictures garak. A lot of nice gear there. How big is the plasma, 50" or 60"? I am very close to getting my first B&W speakers and I'll be getting the same 3 you have or possibly 3 802Di's and as I will not have the opportunity to see/hear the HTM2Di I am curious how it would look in front of my tv which is a Pioneer PRO-150FD 60".

Thanks

Rod
                                      B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• garak
                                        • Jul 2007

Hi Rod,

Thanks. It's a 60" pro151fd, so the pics above should give you a pretty good idea of how the htm2d will look in front of your tv.

Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

Brian

Comment

• Rod#S
                                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by garak
                                          Hi Rod,

Thanks. It's a 60" pro151fd, so the pics above should give you a pretty good idea of how the htm2d will look in front of your tv.

Congrats on the new speakers. I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

Brian
                                          Thanks. I don't have the speakers yet but I did just call the local dealer to do me up a price on a few options.
                                          Last edited by Rod#S; 21 October 2010, 17:29 Thursday.
                                          B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Freddie40
                                            • Jun 2009

I have had my speakers since March 23rd and I love them. Last weekend I attended the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and I listened to many different speakers, 3 or so that I liked as much or better than the 802DIs (Audio Notes $7500 speakers were very impressive, however, with very little dealer support in the US I would be uncomfortable buying them). 2 of these were 3x the price or more. There are also the Wilson Sashas and I liked them (almost 2x the price). All in all I think the 802DIs are about the best speakers esp when taking the price into account.

On a side note I did listen to the YG Anats ($107,000) hooked up to a $115,000 power amp and was extremely unimpressed
                                            Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• RebelMan
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Freddie40
                                              All in all I think the 802DIs are about the best speakers esp when taking the price into account.
                                              I think the 802's and up are unbeatable for the money.

On a side note I did listen to the YG Anats ($107,000) hooked up to a $115,000 power amp and was extremely unimpressed
                                              I didn't care for them either (different place and time though). They seem to get a lot of attention though. I found them a little overrated but not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"